The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat May 22, 2010, 08:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInBlue View Post
I'd appreciate some respect for the boys. You may not give a damn because it didn't happen in New England. If one team was in your back yard and the other wasn't far down the road, you might change your tune.

I was posting a contraversy that happened this week in HS baseball - if you don't care - don't reply. It's a rather big deal here. I left out names so as not to make it personally about {insert coach's name} (anyone in MS can figure it out) and call him an idiot world wide (even if it's true).
  • First of all, I will respond to any post I like.
  • Second of all, you are correct, I do not care about the kids. I am an umpire - I don't care about the players other than to officiate. I do not get emotionally involved with the games.
  • Third of all, if you want sympathy, look in the dictionary. You will find the word located between $hit and syphilis.
  • Finally, this is an umpire site, not a "touchy-feely I want to be your good buddy palsy-walsy" site. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it!
Old Sat May 22, 2010, 09:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy6900 View Post
  • First of all, I will respond to any post I like.
  • Second of all, you are correct, I do not care about the kids. I am an umpire - I don't care about the players other than to officiate. I do not get emotionally involved with the games.
  • Third of all, if you want sympathy, look in the dictionary. You will find the word located between $hit and syphilis.
  • Finally, this is an umpire site, not a "touchy-feely I want to be your good buddy palsy-walsy" site. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it!
Wow! I expect you have never called time, dusted off the plate and went out to talk to the pitcher, while catcher recovers from a bad pitch in the dirt, since you don't care about the players. I expect you have never had a word to say to a catcher, or any other player for that matter, for any reason, since you don't care.

Last edited by DG; Sat May 22, 2010 at 09:29pm.
Old Sun May 23, 2010, 10:44am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
Wow! I expect you have never called time, dusted off the plate and went out to talk to the pitcher, while catcher recovers from a bad pitch in the dirt, since you don't care about the players. I expect you have never had a word to say to a catcher, or any other player for that matter, for any reason, since you don't care.
Don't be an a$$, DG. You know perfectly well what I am talking about here.