The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Fri Nov 06, 2009, 11:55pm
Official Forum Member

Coach Dad

I posted this on another forum but would like some input on this from some NCAA guys....

This is why I hate travel and club ball. This is a fall ball development league. I have the stick, top of 2, and visiting team down 6, 7 or 8 (or whatever) to 0. Coach Dad is warned on balls and strikes.
In the 7th or 8th of a 9 inning game visitors down 20 or so to 0...2 outs, R1, 2-2 count, batter nicks the ball, it hits the catchers glove and goes to the backstop, I rule foul. Someone from the hole yells "It was catchers interference! Figure it out!" Me being the politically correct umpire that I am simply LOOK in the hole. Coach Dad flips, not arguing catchers interference but that I looked in his dugout. He Starts ranting and raving as he's headed towards me. I say "We aren't doing this." He continues to the plate yelling. I tell him two more times while giving him the stop sign not to come down here. Because all he wants to do is yell and scream at me about nothing. He says something inappropriate and gets run.
He pulls his hitter and runner into the hole and says, "We're through, we aren't playing with you out here." Game over.
While I know this is high school stuff. For you NCAA guys any advise on how this should be handled? If anything different. As I find there to be a huge difference between the pro game and the college game as far as how situations are supposed to be handled. And I'm really trying to learn anything I can about umpiring in general to keep improving.
Thanks guys

Last edited by batboy22; Sat Nov 07, 2009 at 12:04am.