Greymule and Kevin F:

This is your official reminder.

Oh, be sure to return the favor!
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Sun Nov 08, 2009, 07:14am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Finnerty View Post
It doesn't give the appearance of anything if it isn't brought up, and it wouldn't be brought up if our society had its priorities in order and had a more realistic interpretation of true freedom and a contemporary outlook on human sexuality. It's only anyone's business if it comes out and there's a conflict. And if no one knows, there's no conflict. And no one should know, or even ask.
To me, it's not the sex that's the issue. The issue is the appearance of favoritism, and it stems from fraternization, not sex.

For example, if a judge was caught dating or spending more time with a lawyer, questions will come out on whether he favored that lawyer in court proceedings. Whether they were in bed together doesn't matter much at all.

Quote:
We're laughingstocks all around the modern world. Cases like Clinton's, Letterman's and even Mark Sanford's make us look like fools when it causes a national uproar.
Sanford's case was more about lying and not doing his job.
Old Sun Nov 08, 2009, 09:12am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawetag View Post
To me, it's not the sex that's the issue. The issue is the appearance of favoritism, and it stems from fraternization, not sex.

For example, if a judge was caught dating or spending more time with a lawyer, questions will come out on whether he favored that lawyer in court proceedings. Whether they were in bed together doesn't matter much at all.
I also stated very plainly that her being caught doing it should result in her being dismissed. And I make that statement because a personal relationship between a player and an umpire shows impropriety. I even compared it to a judge having a relationship with a prosecutor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yawetag View Post
Sanford's case was more about lying and not doing his job.
Sanford's case caused a dual uproar, and his abandoning his post for five days was one of them. I was referring to the business of his having a mistress and all of the lunacy and hypocrisy that it caused. It may not have been more important than his leaving his post, but it certainly was one of the prominent aspects, and the reaction to it was laughable.
Old Sun Nov 08, 2009, 09:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I also stated very plainly that her being caught doing it should result in her being dismissed. And I make that statement because a personal relationship between a player and an umpire shows impropriety. I even compared it to a judge having a relationship with a prosecutor.
Sanford's case caused a dual uproar, and his abandoning his post for five days was one of them. I was referring to the business of his having a mistress and all of the lunacy and hypocrisy that it caused. It may not have been more important than his leaving his post, but it certainly was one of the prominent aspects, and the reaction to it was laughable.
I want to know should the player also get in trouble for sleeping with the umpire? If she should get fired, what should happen to the player..
Old Sun Nov 08, 2009, 09:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
His wife didn't think it was funny.
Old Sun Nov 08, 2009, 09:41pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umpmazza View Post
I want to know should the player also get in trouble for sleeping with the umpire? If she should get fired, what should happen to the player..
I think the player should be forced to sleep with Mark Sanford, Bill Clinton and David Letterman.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Sun Nov 08, 2009, 09:44pm
Official Forum Member

I meant its being blown up bigger than any other aspect and made a colossal spectacle was what was laughable. It's the personal lives of human beings that are being toyed with, including children's.

Last edited by Kevin Finnerty; Sun Nov 08, 2009 at 09:47pm.
Old Sun Nov 08, 2009, 09:55pm
Official Forum Member

Don't know and don't care what she did off the field. Bottom line, she was not a good umpire and was kept longer than many who didn't miss the things she did on the field.
Old Mon Nov 09, 2009, 09:24am
Official Forum Member

So what you're saying is she sucked two different ways.

That makes more sense.
Old Mon Nov 09, 2009, 05:38pm
Official Forum Member

Nope. I'm saying she wasn't AAA material. That's all.
Old Mon Nov 09, 2009, 11:32pm
Official Forum Member

Five pages of sheesh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnit View Post
Nope. I'm saying she wasn't AAA material. That's all.
Great comment, ENuf said.
Any more doubters out there?
Old Tue Nov 10, 2009, 10:16am
Official Forum Member

Have there been doubters?