The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Aug 05, 2009, 02:07am
Official Forum Member

Wondering why the plate umpire couldn't have given a strike mechanic on a swing and miss with the ball in the dirt, the way they do on just about EVERY other swing and miss, doesn't seem like such a foolish question.

I don't know the guy, and am not going to go looking at all of his replies, but telling new umpires that maybe they should stick to lower levels, when that umpire is on an umpire forum asking umpire questions, seems to go beyond simply not indulging trolls or know-it-alls.

That seems like the kind of attitude that keeps forums from attracting more posters, more questions, and more dialogue.

Also, I'm on west coast time (midnight here). That 2am posting time up there makes me seem like too much of a late-night dweeb, even for an umpire

Last edited by alex7; Wed Aug 05, 2009 at 02:11am.
Old Wed Aug 05, 2009, 08:22am
Official Forum Member

Alex

Quote:
"I don't know the guy, and am not going to go looking at all of his replies, but telling new umpires that maybe they should stick to lower levels, when that umpire is on an umpire forum asking umpire questions, seems to go beyond simply not indulging trolls or know-it-alls."
I have read your posts on two sites. At best, your youth shows as arrogance in most posts. I find that your location answers most of my questions.

As for the mechanic it was not a decision of catching the ball . . . no trained umpire would use the mechanic that you are endorsing.

I really don't care if you read my posts or not. I will not suffer.