The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon May 25, 2009, 10:00am

I'm done. I was really just stating my opinion and taking the usual umbrage. Harumph, harumph.

I also don't wish to turn this into a holy war of words, as I could write volumes on the subject of my faith, but this is a baseball umpire forum, so I decline to continue.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Mon May 25, 2009, 10:22am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
More BS.

Tolerance does not involve forcing your beliefs on others, which is precisely what the religious right attempts to do and does on a daily basis. You tell me where the religious right has beliefs forced upon it.
That might be the dumbest thing ever posted on the internet.

The "religious right"...do you have no real definition for what it might be? Forcing their beliefs? Does that mean that they say what they believe? I have been charged with "forcing my beliefs" on people many times because I had the audacity to try and influence public policy. I think that is what politics is all about, isn't it?

As for this religious person(I am a Christian) I can list many ways that other's beliefs are forced upon me.

1) Many levels of government fund baby killing.
2) Many levels of government fund sitting on one's buttocks playing XBOX instead of working for a living.
3) Many levels of government regressively punish success by punitive taxes.
4) It is difficult to go to any store with my children without manure pouring out of the speakers encouraging them to have sex.

I have heard it said many times that you cannot legislate morality...Of course, you can ONLY legislate morality. I prefer it not to be the morality of Barney Frank, Christopher Dodd, Nancy Pelosi and Che Obama.

Joe In Missouri
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY
Old Mon May 25, 2009, 11:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwashburn View Post
I have heard it said many times that you cannot legislate morality...Of course, you can ONLY legislate morality. I prefer it not to be the morality of Barney Frank, Christopher Dodd, Nancy Pelosi and Che Obama.

Joe In Missouri
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY
OMFG. Lock it up before someone posts the list of the Republican sex scandals of the past ten years.
Old Mon May 25, 2009, 11:28am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to umpduck11
Quote:

Joe In Missouri
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY
You'd prefer it to be the morality of a President who invades two countries on indefensible rationale, killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people ?
WWJD ? Probably not these actions.
And yes, I am a Christian, and no, I'm not a Democrat.
Old Mon May 25, 2009, 11:45am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to UmpJM
Cool

Well, My Goodness Gracious and Land Sakes Alive!

Quote:
This might be the dumbest thing ever posted on the internet.

The "religious right"...do you have no real definition for what it might be? Forcing their beliefs? Does that mean that they say what they believe? I have been charged with "forcing my beliefs" on people many times because I had the audacity to try and influence public policy. I think that is what politics is all about, isn't it?

As for this religious person(I am a Christian) I can list many ways that other's beliefs are forced upon me.

1) Many levels of government fund baby killing.
2) Many levels of government fund sitting on one's buttocks playing XBOX instead of working for a living.
3) Many levels of government regressively punish success by punitive taxes.
4) It is difficult to go to any store with my children without manure pouring out of the speakers encouraging them to have sex.

Joe In Missouri
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY
Joe,

Love the irony.

Still not clear though. Whom do you think should have come to bat after the BOOT was properly appealed?

Because I think Bob freakin' nailed it.

JM
Old Mon May 25, 2009, 01:27pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUmpire View Post
OMFG. Lock it up before someone posts the list of the Republican sex scandals of the past ten years.
Which will only be overshadowed by the many Democratic sex scandals! What's your point???

To quote Glenn Beck: "The Democrats suck. But not any more than the Republicans suck."
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Closed Thread