The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Mar 24, 2009, 02:12am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diner30 View Post
For those of you that are so jaded by the Smitty slacks (which I've found to be very good), what happened when you contaced the retailer that you purchased them from? I bought mine from Purchase Officials, and had a problem with the clasp on my first pair. They immediately sent me a new pair and took back the ones I had already worn, and I had mine almost 3 months. They said they were aware that some of the clasps were faulty and were happy to replace them. They said that Smittys was also aware of the clasp and sizing issues and has corrected them for this year. The pants that I receive this year are great. The sizing, color and claps are awesome. I will gladly pay half of what others are charging for pants that are just as good. Everyone else I've recommended the pants to love them as well.
I got the same response from Mike at POS. Even though his stated policy was that tailored slacks can't be returned, and even though I already lightly used them, he would take them back. But you know what? He shouldn't get stuck with them either. He's just a nice guy trying to earn a living.

I ate them. But now, I'm thinking of pulling them out of the closet and making Smitty's themselves make good on my fleecing. It's inexcusable to fleece members of an industry that are already getting shortchanged. They richly deserve whatever struggles they have shaking the effects of that disastrous name.
Old Tue Mar 24, 2009, 08:33am
Official Forum Member

Okay, back to the shirts.

I just got an Officials Choice Maroon shirt in the mail yesterday. Again, it's bigger than normal, but the quality is there. Worn with a black undershirt, this is a really good looking color with either heather, or charcoal.

Now, why they made that brown shirt is beyond me, because it doesn't go with either pants, but the maroon is quite snappy. Far, far better than any light blue shirts.
Old Tue Mar 24, 2009, 02:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylejt View Post
Okay, back to the shirts.

I just got an Officials Choice Maroon shirt in the mail yesterday. Again, it's bigger than normal, but the quality is there. Worn with a black undershirt, this is a really good looking color with either heather, or charcoal.

Now, why they made that brown shirt is beyond me, because it doesn't go with either pants, but the maroon is quite snappy. Far, far better than any light blue shirts.
Just gotta hope your partner has one.