Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Mar 09, 2009, 12:15am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to bobbybanaduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc6 View Post
If you ask any uniform questions you may have in this thread, people should be able to give you a response. Whether they resort to insults instead is hard to control. I think that for most uniform things, it depends on the association. Baseball Canada goes with red underneath black, but I've seen white under black as well. I'd assume that either black or white goes under red. There are so many different shirt vendors and colours out there that the main thing is to match your partner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aging_Arbiter View Post
I have asked a couple of times, buried in other threads, but does anyone have an authoritative reference as to uniforms, and who wears what , and when?
Quote:
Originally Posted by briancurtin View Post
If the information is buried in other threads, which it most definitely is (and posted about as recently as the last week or two), why not read those threads and post in them?
Quote:
Because I am looking for an answer to a question and don't particulalry care to follow the banter (your post here included) if order to get that answer. So if you don't have the answer, kindly refrain from posting your gibberish.
he didn't ask a uniform question in his OP, then he proceeded to insult in his second post. finally, halfway down the page, he asked a question that is now being answered. his question DID suck and did not make sense, and i not so subtly pointed that out.
Old Mon Mar 09, 2009, 09:54am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbybanaduck View Post
he didn't ask a uniform question in his OP, then he proceeded to insult in his second post. finally, halfway down the page, he asked a question that is now being answered. his question DID suck and did not make sense, and i not so subtly pointed that out.
Fair enough.
Old Mon Mar 09, 2009, 10:25am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUmpire View Post
Considering:

and,

I wonder where that association finds light blue, cream and white umpire caps.
Wow!

THAT is funny stuff. Are you a comedy writer or something?
Old Mon Mar 09, 2009, 02:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I have asked a couple of times, buried in other threads, but does anyone have an authoritative reference as to uniforms, and who wears what , and when?
In my area (PIAA District 11), our standards are very strict. I have to assume your district is as well. So you definately need to contact someone in your local chapter.

In NJ however, different associations have different standards. In my association, we wear any style jacket. Other's require solid blue. But for the most part, as long as we match and it's blue it's OK. Navy Blue shirt for baseball/Powder Blue shirt for softball. Either Red, White or Blue undershirt. Heather gray slacks (no charcoal gray). Plate pants for the plate and Base pants for the bases. I've seen guy's get away with Base slacks behind the plate and Plate slacks on the bases. It looks horrible... Not to mention the perception you give.

Bottom line is, "Look Sharp". Shine your shoes (who cares if they're going to get dirty anyway). If you like the way it looks and if your beer belly allows, tuck your jacket in. And please, if your shirt is faded, buy a new one. They're not that expensive.

Lastely, you only get one shot at a first impression. So make the best of it.

Good Luck!
Old Mon Mar 09, 2009, 03:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Finnerty View Post
Wow!

THAT is funny stuff. Are you a comedy writer or something?
No. Just posting a serious question. If that association requires caps to match shirts, and it allows cream, white and light blue shirts, it follows that the would have to procure cream, white and light blue caps.

If they do not, and instead use just navy and black caps, then what do they consider to be matching? Just curious.

Why on earth would this be considered funny? If it is, I certainly can't take credit. That would belong to the association that requires caps to match shirts.
Old Mon Mar 09, 2009, 03:23pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
If they do not, and instead use just navy and black caps, then what do they consider to be matching? Just curious.

Why on earth would this be considered funny? If it is, I certainly can't take credit. That would belong to the association that requires caps to match shirts.
In one of my associations, we have hats that have logos with certain colors. We have a blue hat with red lettering. We also have a black hat with cream lettering. Anytime we wear cream or black shirts, we wear the black hat. If we wear blue shirts, of course we wear the blue hat. That is how we match.

Peace
Old Mon Mar 09, 2009, 03:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
In one of my associations, we have hats that have logos with certain colors. We have a blue hat with red lettering. We also have a black hat with cream lettering. Anytime we wear cream or black shirts, we wear the black hat. If we wear blue shirts, of course we wear the blue hat. That is how we match.

Peace

That makes sense. In your case then, the caps logo matches the shirt, not the cap. That certainly would be more logical than saying the cap must match a shrt.
Old Mon Mar 09, 2009, 03:36pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
That makes sense. In your case then, the caps logo matches the shirt, not the cap. That certainly would be more logical than saying the cap must match a shrt.
Well the color of the cap is a factor. The cream shirts have black lines on the color and on the trim. Even the light blue shirts have black lines and trim on them as well. But I have seen people wear either color with the light blue shirts.

Peace
Old Mon Mar 09, 2009, 05:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
No. Just posting a serious question. If that association requires caps to match shirts, and it allows cream, white and light blue shirts, it follows that the would have to procure cream, white and light blue caps.

I'm sorry, but as the rest of us know, even a child can look at a shirt and its trim color and pick between a navy and a black cap to properly match it.
Old Mon Mar 09, 2009, 05:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
There's a thing called simple logic.

With some, however, simple logic is always needlessly complicated.
Old Mon Mar 09, 2009, 06:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I'm sorry, but as the rest of us know, even a child can look at a shirt and its trim color and pick between a navy and a black cap to properly match it.
Quote:
There's a thing called simple logic.

With some, however, simple logic is always needlessly complicated.
What a nice guy. Always ready to assume the best.

I've learned over the years of reading posts and dealing with patients to never assume. Thus, when a post is unclear, I ask questions. Sorry if that offends.
Old Mon Mar 09, 2009, 08:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
What a nice guy. Always ready to assume the best.

I've learned over the years of reading posts and dealing with patients to never assume. Thus, when a post is unclear, I ask questions. Sorry if that offends.
The cap might match either the colour of the shirt (blue or black) or the stripes on the shirt (cream=black, red=black, white=black). I have never seen a light blue, cream, or white umpire cap. Powder, polo or navy goes fine with navy cap IMO.
Closed Thread