The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Feb 18, 2009, 03:27pm
Official Forum Member

Solid Blue Jacket

Can anyone give me a website which carries a solid blue jacket (no shoulder stripes), which can be used during a varsity baseball game. I'm looking for a jacket with insulation and a wind breaker. Thank you (most everything I've come across has the red and white shoulder stripes).
Old Wed Feb 18, 2009, 03:53pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to bobbybanaduck
http://www.honigs.com/detail.asp?Cat=2&Sub=42&Item=659

Ideal for softball! sweeeet.
Old Wed Feb 18, 2009, 03:54pm
Official Forum Member

Take your pick:

http://pa.purchaseofficials.com/home.php?cat=158
Old Wed Feb 18, 2009, 03:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevs00cup View Post
Can anyone give me a website which carries a solid blue jacket (no shoulder stripes), which can be used during a varsity baseball game. I'm looking for a jacket with insulation and a wind breaker. Thank you (most everything I've come across has the red and white shoulder stripes).
Not sure exactly what you're looking for, but Honigs has the older type navy windbreaker with the red & white trim on the sleeves, and they also have solid navy jacket you might be interested in.
Old Wed Feb 18, 2009, 10:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbybanaduck View Post
Ideal for softball! sweeeet.
...and sadly all sanctioned PIAA baseball games.
Old Thu Feb 19, 2009, 09:46am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossman72 View Post

Pretty poor choice in uni's here in PA. Blue hats with gold lettering, doesn't even match the shirt collar/cuff, charcoal pants are not allowed, all black shoes. Horrible patch on the sleeve.

At least the half-zip is available with the grey zippers, so you don't have to be stuck with the v-neck windshirts and have a little style. I'm protesting the all black shoes, i'm not blacking out my NB's or my Reebok base shoes.
Old Thu Feb 19, 2009, 11:13am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_12 View Post
Pretty poor choice in uni's here in PA. Blue hats with gold lettering, doesn't even match the shirt collar/cuff, charcoal pants are not allowed, all black shoes. Horrible patch on the sleeve.

At least the half-zip is available with the grey zippers, so you don't have to be stuck with the v-neck windshirts and have a little style. I'm protesting the all black shoes, i'm not blacking out my NB's or my Reebok base shoes.

Haha, you have more cojones (sp) than I do. I just keep my shoes that have white in them until the summer (and college games) and use my standard all black ones during the spring.

This is the only time that I envy anything from WV because they can just wear whatever they want as long as they match.
Old Thu Feb 19, 2009, 12:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Time for a revolution.
Old Thu Feb 19, 2009, 01:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote from LA Unit head guy: "Every jacket you see worn by anyone here is acceptable, as long as they match their partner."

I counted six different navy jackets, including the all-navy one. And I counted four black ones, including that convertible one with the piping across the chest and inserts on the side. So we can wear any one of 10 jackets. In the SF Valley unit, it's the quarter-zip in navy with scarlet shoulder inserts, navy with powder blue inserts or black with white inserts. Three choices.

For a gear junkie to be told that they can wear any one of 10 jackets ... they don't know how traumatizing and costly it can be to tell one of us something like that.
Old Thu Feb 19, 2009, 09:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for. In NJ, we have to wear solid blue (no red or white shoulder stripes).
Old Fri Feb 20, 2009, 12:57am
Official Forum Member

Thanks for post, that V-neck pullover seems like a deal.
Old Fri Feb 20, 2009, 11:53am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Finnerty View Post
Quote from LA Unit head guy: "Every jacket you see worn by anyone here is acceptable, as long as they match their partner."
We were similar to that, but even more liberal as we did not have to match our partner(s). We could wear whatever jacket we wanted as long as it was a baseball jacket and had the state patch.

They went to a specific jacket this year from a single supplier and it has an embroidered emblem which pretty much eliminates it from being used in non-state games. The only options are full zipper or pullover.
Old Fri Feb 20, 2009, 03:45pm
Official Forum Member

Unification???

Just from reading all of the posts, is there a reason why we can't have a standard high school uniform (to be worn across the United States)? Let me guess, it has something to do with money!
Old Sat Feb 21, 2009, 03:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Just from reading all of the posts, is there a reason why we can't have a standard high school uniform (to be worn across the United States)? Let me guess, it has something to do with money!

Now you're getting it...
Old Sat Feb 21, 2009, 11:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Not so much a standard uniform, but how bout making the states update to the times and styles. It would make the registered officials in that state actually think about there uniforms and get new pants and shirts to replace the faded ones, and in all honesty, make the umpire look maybe just a little more professional. Just a thought.

Just an example of how outdated things are sometimes. In PA the uniform for a soccer official is the black/white striped shirt. Are you kidding me, and I don't even work soccer or have a kid playing HS soccer but seriously it's a joke. Look at any officials catalog/website and look at the options for soccer referee shirts. They have more colors/styles/choices than baseball umps have, and that's including the officials choice colors. It's pathetic sometimes. And the reason is probably because of money, and old timers or crappy officials that actually dont take the time or spend the money to look and dress decent.