The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Mar 01, 2001, 08:51am
Official Forum Member

One of my flaws is that I am not an avid reader - never was. I know people who love to read, but I am not one of those. In HS,some of the required reading was Wuthering Heights / War and Peace and Vanity Fair to name a few. These are rather large novels. Me, I read the Ciff Notes and got B+'s an A's on the exams. When I did read the entire book I barely passed. Ok what's all of this have to do with baseball.

Baseball rules IMO is difficult reading. It's not like reading a novel or enjoyable reading. Also, the rule books are not properly indexed. In order to find some answers one has to look at many different sections. Rich just posted a thread on Balks - Continuous action. It would be nice to be able to go to the index and see - CONTINOUS ACTION Reference pages 50 - 55.

This section would contain examples etc. of what the rule is and what it isn't. Also, at least the FED book has one - a Table on when the Ball is Immediately Dead vs. Delayed Dead At the end of section 8.05 under the Balk Penalty the wording is the ball is dead, but one has to use deductive reasoning to figure out by the mere wording of the penalty that the ball is "Delayed Dead" as opposed to "Immediately Dead".

All in all, a Cliff Note Version of the ALL rule-books would IMO be most beneficial. Perhaps the Staff Writers would like to take up this task and and earn those BIG BUCKS You know 6 figures plus Company Car. I'm sure RightSports has given you guys Company Cars by now. Right!! (Big Grin).

Pete Booth
Old Thu Mar 01, 2001, 10:07am
Official Forum Member

My "two-page" version of the rules was posted a little while ago.
Old Thu Mar 01, 2001, 10:17am
Official Forum Member

Originally posted by bob jenkins

My "two-page" version of the rules was posted a little while ago.

Bob can you send them to me? Thanks

Pete Booth