The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Sep 17, 2008, 04:48pm
Official Forum Member

Cece Carlucci

For those who know Cece:
Cece's wife called at 10:30 am. Cece passed away this morning in Califirnia at the age of 90.

Sad, glad he was my friend
Old Wed Sep 17, 2008, 05:22pm
Official Forum Member

~Sigh~

Cece will be missed by all. My thoughts are with "Mr. Ump".

Regards,
Old Wed Sep 17, 2008, 05:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by btdt View Post
For those who know Cece:
Cece's wife called at 10:30 am. Cece passed away this morning in Califirnia at the age of 90.

Sad, glad he was my friend
I'll be...

I'm glad I had the opportunity to partake of his wares, but more importantly, his company.
Old Wed Sep 17, 2008, 06:21pm

I am very sorry to hear this news. He was such an umpiring legend, especially here on the west coast with his great PCL career. He had a good, long life and made a great many friends along the way.

So long Cece, we'll all miss you!
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Thu Sep 18, 2008, 07:28am
Official Forum Member

Good by Cece and thank you. You will be missed by many!
Old Thu Sep 18, 2008, 08:49am
Official Forum Member

My .02

I've known about Cece for years and years......... along time ago Tim C. had spoken of how getting a CP made by Cece was an experience not to be missed, in part because of the fine gear he made, but also the style and substance and baseball history he could weave into the experience.....

And to me, it was always one of those things.......that one day, when I had some extra scratch that I was going to call Cece and get him to make me one of his chest protectors..........plus I would get to talk to him and experience it myself........first hand.....

Sadly, that wont happen now.....I will add my condolences to the Carlucci family and to all the baseball family on their and our collective loss.......
Old Thu Sep 18, 2008, 03:24pm
Official Forum Member

WOW sad, i saw his name and just knew, didn't want to click on the link. I have a chest protector form start of last season and got to spend 3-4 hours on the phone with him over the time it was being built. I love it, and am very sads to hear that this great man has passed. He will be missed.

Andy

"It isn't enough for an umpire merely to know what he's doing. He has to look as though he know what he's doing too." - National League Umpire Larry Goetz

"Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it."
Old Thu Sep 18, 2008, 10:09pm
Official Forum Member

What a Loss

May God in His Grace bless his family, and bless all umpires with a replacement some day.

But he will never be Cece.
Old Fri Sep 19, 2008, 07:45pm
Official Forum Member

I too had the pleasure of knowing Cece for many years. As luck would have it, my mom and dad bought a house across the street from him there in Wildomar. I would go over and help him pick grapes and olives during season. This guy had to be experienced. His stories could keep you on your toes for hours. Later in his life he wouldn't travel as much but he would call me and ask about a call he saw on TV. That usually meant a 2 hour phone call. Great man gone. My mom is great friends with Lucille (his widow) and I will post more info about services, cards, flowers, etc...
Old Sat Sep 20, 2008, 04:02pm
Official Forum Member

I just received this email from my mom regarding the arrangements for Cece.

Funeral to be held Fri. Sept. 26. The time is still pending till Mon. afternoon. It will be at the St. Frances of Rome Catholic Church at 21611 Lemon St. Wildomar. A reception will be at the Storms Stadium Resturant after the funeral. He will be inturned at the Riverside National Cemetery at a later date privately. In lieu of flowers donations can be made to the Association of Professional Ball Players of America @1820 W. Orangewood Ave. Suite 206 Orange, Ca. 92868 In Cece Carlucci's name. The name of the mortuary is Evans-Brown 126 E. Graham Ave. Lake Elsinore Ca, 92530 (951) 674-3141. He is to be cremated.