The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jun 02, 2008, 08:51am
Official Forum Member

I was going to suggest the LBR, but you guys beat me to it. Actually, some version of the LBR might be good for lower-level baseball if "taunting" as described in the OP is a problem. The LBR can work only in a game in which, when the pitcher has the ball on the mound, runners have to be on the bag and cannot take leads.

At the upper levels of softball there's some sentiment for getting rid of it as unnecessary.

A strict adoption of the LBR would require more than a little training for umpires, though. The LBR can get rather complicated; even some college coaches have misconceptions about it. And NCAA and ASA have some hairline differences.

Last edited by greymule; Mon Jun 02, 2008 at 02:21pm.
Old Mon Jun 02, 2008, 09:13am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
The worst think you could have done was to call time and tell the coaches that you weren't going to let them turn this into a "mockery of a game." It was especially wrong to call time when the base runner was not in contact with third base: runner off base with a live ball, do not call time for any reason except a possible injury or the ball becoming dead because a play made it become dead.

MTD, Sr.
Mark IMO you are missing the point. The PROFESSIONAL rules of baseball did not have 12 yr. olds in mind when they wrote the rules.

MLB alows "other' leagues to borrow their rules.

However, IMO the rules should then be modified to fit THEIR game. The "cat and mouse" game simply delays the game.

If a runner wants to advance then no problem advance but this "dancing" stuff needs to be stopped. The one rule that should be adopted for these "rug rag" divisions that would put a stop to this nonsense is this:

You either advance or retreat Once you start "dancing" then immediate dead ball runner out and other runners return to their TOP bases.

The point becomes moot once you hit the BIG diamond.

Now I know why TEE dislikes Kiddie ball.

Pete Booth