The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 1.50 average. Display Modes
Old Tue Apr 01, 2008, 09:11pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim C
And I truly believe that "children should be seen and not heard."

Canada when you can shave we'll listen.

So far you are nothing more than an idiot. I will let your body of work speak for you.

Regards,
There are too many here that are of "shaving" age that still fall into the same boat that Canada does to suggest that age is the sole factor involved in this rage against the machine attitude, Tim. It's a good thing to think outside of the box and push the envelope of outrageousness from time to time. But to do it every time on everything is the real outrage.

Tim.
Old Tue Apr 01, 2008, 09:37pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Pile-on

Tim_C:
Quote:
And I truly believe that "children should be seen and not heard."

Canada when you can shave we'll listen.

So far you are nothing more than an idiot. I will let your body of work speak for you.

Regards,
Young adult is the correct term. I am 20 years old. And if you don't like me exposing the trolls, so be it. By the way, I do shave.

Regards,
Old Wed Apr 02, 2008, 12:20am
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Methinks CO ump might be a worthy addition to your exclusive little club, MIT. He's showing all of the knowledge and reason that was heretofore typified only by your exalted Three Amigos.

I would advise that you make a statue of CO ump also. You can place it on your bedroom dresser beside your statues of Larry, Shep and Moe, and then you can worship all four of them at the same time. Pray that you'll be just like them when you grow up (you're well on the way).

Keep your hands above the covers though while you're worshiping them.
Hey, Joe Besser. That's Shemp, not Shep you sick pervert.....

Not so haaaarrrddd!!!!

Last edited by Steven Tyler; Wed Apr 02, 2008 at 12:28am.
Old Wed Apr 02, 2008, 12:32am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadaump6
Anyone notice how almost every single thread revolves around Garth being right?

I assume you are exaggerating for effect rather than just lying.

Out of the 25 threads on the front index page here, Garth has allowed himself to get into arguments in two of them. I would agree that given who he has lowered himself to argue with, that's two too many.
Old Wed Apr 02, 2008, 05:33am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Tyler
Hey, Joe Besser. That's Shemp, not Shep you sick pervert.....
I stand corrected.

Thank you, Shemp.
Old Wed Apr 02, 2008, 08:00am
Official Forum Member

Well, thank goodnes it's baseball season again. This forum was a bit dull over the winter.
Old Wed Apr 02, 2008, 09:50am
Official Forum Member

Exclamation Balk Ball Not Dead !?

"Pitching
· The ball is always dead on a balk. FALSE in professional baseball and softball . . . "

Huh? Am I missing something here?

From OBR:

5.09 The ball becomes dead and runners advance one base, or return to their bases, without liability to be put out, when—
. . .
(c) A balk is committed; runners advance; (See Penalty 8.05).

Seems to me that the ball *is* dead.

Softball is a different story. There is an "illegal pitch" which has its own set of rules.
Old Wed Apr 02, 2008, 10:00am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmuelg
"Pitching
· The ball is always dead on a balk. FALSE in professional baseball and softball . . . "

From OBR:

5.09 The ball becomes dead and runners advance one base, or return to their bases, without liability to be put out, when—
. . .

Softball is a different story. There is an "illegal pitch" which has its own set of rules.
Yes you are missing something. See Penalty 8.05
Old Wed Apr 02, 2008, 11:14am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmuelg
"Pitching

From OBR:

. . .

In FED, you would be correct but in NCAA and OBR, we allow play to finish, then call the ball dead (delayed dead ball). OBR changed from immediate dead to delayed in the mid 1950's.

From the MLBUM 7.9
7.9 CALLING "TIME" AFTER A BALK
The penalty for balk allows the play to proceed without reference to the balk if the batter and all
runners advance one base on the pitch following the balk (i.e., the actual pitch and/or action
caused by the batter hitting the ball). The umpire shall not call "Time" until play stops following
the balk. The question therefore arises as to when the umpire is to call "Time" to kill the ball
after calling a balk. The following cases should help explain when play is considered "stopped"
and a what moment the umpire should call "Time" following the call of balk:
(1) If the pitcher balks and does not throw the ball, call "That's a balk; Time!" and enforce the balk.
(2) If the balk is followed by a batted ball, leave the ball in play until it is apparent that the batterand all runners will not advance one base. At that moment, call "Time" and enforce the balk. If, however, the batter reaches first base and all runners advance at least one base on play following the balk, play proceeds without reference to the balk.

EXAMPLES:
(a) If a batted ball follows the balk and results in a fly ball that is caught, call "Time" the moment the fly ball is caught. Then enforce the balk.
(b) If a batted ball follows the balk and results in a ground-out on a previous runner at the base to which he would be entitled because of the balk, call "Time" the moment the out is made. Then enforce the balk.
(3) If the balk is followed by a pitch that is caught by the catcher, call "Time" the moment the catcher catches the ball. Then enforce the balk. (Note exception in ball four situations covered in item (5) below.)
(4) If the balk is followed by a pick-off throw to a base that is caught by a fielder, call "Time" the moment the fielder catches the ball. Then enforce the balk.
(5) If the balk is followed by ball four delivered to the batter and is caught by the catcher, call "Time" and enforce the balk unless all runners advance one base because of ball four. In that situation, play proceeds without reference to the balk.
(6) If the balk is followed by a pitch that strikes the batter, call "Time" the moment the pitch strikes the batter. Then enforce the balk unless the hit batter forces all other runners to advance one base, in which case play proceeds without reference to the balk.
(7) If the balk is followed by a wild throw to a base, the Approved Ruling of Official Baseball Rule 8.05 provides that the runner may advance beyond the base to which he is entitled at his own risk. In that situation the umpire shall call the balk in the usual manner but shall not call "Time" until all play has ceased (runners have stopped trying to advance and a fielder is in possession of the ball in the infield).
(8) If the balk is followed by a wild pitch, the Approved Ruling of Official Baseball Rule 8.05 provides that the runner may advance beyond the base to which he is entitled at his own risk. In that situation, the umpire shall call the balk in the usual manner but shall not call "Time" until all play has ceased (runners have stopped trying to advance and an fielder is in
possession of the ball in the infield).

Note that even if the runner advances to or beyond the base to which he is entitled because of a wild pitch following a balk, the balk is still "acknowledged." That is, the pitch is nullified and the batter will resume the at-bat with the count that existed when the balk occurred unless:
(a) The wild pitch was ball four on which all runners advanced one base; or
(b) The wild pitch was strike three on which the batter and all other runners advanced one base.
In both situations (a) and (b) above, play proceeds without reference to the balk, because all runners (including the batter-runner) advanced one base on the pitch following the balk.

There, that should cover it for you Smuelg and hopefully shut up the "want-to-be, know nothings" that are lurking about. Funny, I just proved Garth correct, didn't I there, lurkers?
Old Wed Apr 02, 2008, 12:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Tyler
Hey, Joe Besser.
The worst of the six stooges.
Old Wed Apr 02, 2008, 07:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous67
The worst of the six stooges.
I always thought there were only three.
Old Wed Apr 02, 2008, 07:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I assume you are exaggerating for effect rather than just lying.

Out of the 25 threads on the front index page here, Garth has allowed himself to get into arguments in two of them. I would agree that given who he has lowered himself to argue with, that's two too many.
I counted about 5, with the last few pages of this thread being the best example. So yes, I did over-exaggerate.
Old Thu Apr 03, 2008, 01:04am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadaump6
I always thought there were only three.
There were six total:

Personally, I though Joe DeRita was the worst.

Last edited by MrUmpire; Thu Apr 03, 2008 at 01:07am.
Old Thu Apr 03, 2008, 12:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUmpire
There were six total:

Personally, I though Joe DeRita was the worst.
Ricky, Julian and Bubbles are the next big thing.
Old Thu Apr 03, 2008, 12:59pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to RPatrino Send a message via Yahoo to RPatrino
Weren't those 6 the crew at last years LLWS?

-----------------------
We are stewards of baseball. Our customers aren't schools or coaches or conferences. Our customer is the game itself.