The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Mar 25, 2008, 08:50am
Official Forum Member

Int or Obs - Locked

In reviewing the youtube video on the previous thread, I must say that I would rule Obs in this case. Since this is a deflected ball and F1 has to chase after it, he no longer has protection. From what I saw, when contact occured, F1 didnt have possession of the ball, thus making this call even stronger.

OK, blame the friggin new guy. After reading the other link to this discussion, it seems that I didn't need to start a new thread on this.

Lock it up captain.

Last edited by UmpTTS43; Tue Mar 25, 2008 at 08:55am.
Old Tue Mar 25, 2008, 09:16am
Stop staring at me swan.

nah...I thought it was the first time the video had been posted...and it was on here already...oh well...some people get all knotted up about duplicate posts...I say, as long as people are discussing the post, who cares if it's a duplicate...post on
Old Tue Mar 25, 2008, 09:38am
Official Forum Member

TTS, if you delete your post, the thread will disappear.
Old Tue Mar 25, 2008, 10:20am
Archaic Power Monger

Sorry Johnny, I wasn't personally offended the video was reposted. I was just poking fun because it had been discussed ad naseum last year and you had even contributed to the conversation.

I apologize if I offended you, that was not my intention.
Old Tue Mar 25, 2008, 11:13am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe
Sorry Johnny, I wasn't personally offended the video was reposted. I was just poking fun because it had been discussed ad naseum last year and you had even contributed to the conversation.

I apologize if I offended you, that was not my intention.
Exactly the point -- if you've got something NEW to add to the discussion, go ahead and post it. But if the same support as has already been posted for INT, OBS or NOTHING, then no need to keep beating the horse.
Old Tue Mar 25, 2008, 02:43pm
Stop staring at me swan.

nah, Welpe...no offense taken at all...I read so many of these dang posts, watch nearly all of the clips...I didn't remember the thread existed and I didn't, nor do I ever search for it (shame on me)...I just thought I'd post it to get some thoughts on it...heck, like you said, I even posted on the one from last year. That being said, even though I thought this was a new thread...I don't believe it should've been locked...there are new people who join this site who could learn from those types of clips...those who read the old threads and see a duplicate one year later (accepting Welpe's estimate), don't read them...but new members could learn from that clip...I'm sure that play has only happened in many of our heads and not on the field (Thank God, or whatever you do or don't believe in)
Old Tue Mar 25, 2008, 07:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins
Exactly the point -- if you've got something NEW to add to the discussion, go ahead and post it. But if the same support as has already been posted for INT, OBS or NOTHING, then no need to keep beating the horse.
The video being discussed in the "Too Quick" thread has been posted and discussed on here before as well.