The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average. Display Modes
Old Mon Dec 10, 2007, 01:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUmpire
I spoke with two MiLB umpires who work your region. The only fill in named Michael that they remembered worked the beginning of the season two years ago. Would that be you?

"as needed = never again" eh?
It's sad when you're at a baseball game and realize that you'll never have the money, status or talent that the guys on the field take for granted. And it gets even worse when the grounds crew gives way to the players.
Old Mon Dec 10, 2007, 01:17pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmpLarryJohnson
"as needed = never again" eh?
Hello Mr. Johnson.

I have listed my qualifications on this forum and others on several occasions.

What exactly are yours?

I hear you bloviate about this and that, and put down other people with your charming country wit and intentional cornpone misspelled words. Are you really LMan in disguise? At least he was funny.

At any rate, what exactly is your officiating level? Are you just a troll who comments whenever everybody is pouncing on someone?
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Mon Dec 10, 2007, 03:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
Hello Mr. Johnson.

I have listed my qualifications on this forum and others on several occasions.

What exactly are yours?

hi mr Steve-- i dont recall that post being to you it was to some one else so you are mistaken thinking that i meant you i was refering to mr Michael. but since you butt in, my quals are my highest lvl is hischool varsity and i dont claim any thing else. i am where i should be and happy with it-- i was never going to be a future majorleague umpiring god dealt a creul hand and deined my eventual strikecalling glory by health issues, fate, evil enemies conspiring on me, the bush adminstration or any thing else. ok by you?
It's sad when you're at a baseball game and realize that you'll never have the money, status or talent that the guys on the field take for granted. And it gets even worse when the grounds crew gives way to the players.
Old Mon Dec 10, 2007, 07:24pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to bobbybanaduck
Quote:
i dont recall that post being to you it was to some one else so you are mistaken thinking that i meant you i was refering to mr Michael.

this would be a good entry for that mad gab game. it took me 4 tries to sound it out and make any sense of it. take a breath, use some punctuation, do something. wow.
Old Mon Dec 10, 2007, 08:51pm

Quote:
hi mr Steve-- i dont recall that post being to you it was to some one else so you are mistaken thinking that i meant you i was refering to mr Michael. but since you butt in, my quals are my highest lvl is hischool varsity and i dont claim any thing else. i am where i should be and happy with it-- i was never going to be a future majorleague umpiring god dealt a creul hand and deined my eventual strikecalling glory by health issues, fate, evil enemies conspiring on me, the bush adminstration or any thing else. ok by you?
Oh, so what you're saying is that you're a troll. Got it.

The spelling...not funny. You really ought to consider losing it.
Old Tue Dec 11, 2007, 01:27am
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
Oh, so what you're saying is that you're a troll. Got it.

The spelling...not funny. You really ought to consider losing it.
Trust me, it's LMan with terrible skills. No two persons could be so exactly, well not very funny at all.
Old Tue Dec 11, 2007, 02:28am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Tyler
Trust me, it's LMan with terrible skills. No two persons could be so exactly, well not very funny at all.
Yeah, that's what I've been thinking since you first brought it up.

At least when you and I argue, it's about something substantial. We don't normally engage in simple "me too" style posts where someone gets kicked while they're down and everyone else has had a shot. We go toe-to-toe, mano a mano . LMan/Larry just wants to pile on, which carries a 15 yard penalty last I checked.

MichaelVA2000 has endured the slings and arrows of his signature. He has read all the hate mail. Now he should be able to keep his siganture intact after reading all the detractors. What is he supposed to do, allow internet strangers to dictate what he chooses to sign with?

And while I'm on the subject. Why, Mr. Umpire, are you taking such a great interest in Michael's umpiring career? What, are you CIA or something. Jeez, back off night stalker.
Old Tue Dec 11, 2007, 08:33am
Official Forum Member

I've gotta hand it to Garth and Steve. As much as we feud, at least they have the decency to tell me straight up what their opinion is, without piling on or adding a three word response to gang up on a poster.

Last edited by mick; Tue Dec 11, 2007 at 11:41am.
Closed Thread