The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Nov 18, 2007, 02:58pm
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe
Fed has the dugout restriction but that's about it.
This works for coaches who go a little over the top, not for players. You either eject, or you don't. I see we have some umps that are "trigger happy".

"Elephant hunters" at kiddie ball. Rat is such an ugly word.
Old Sun Nov 18, 2007, 03:17pm
Official Forum Member

This is an easy ejection!
Old Sun Nov 18, 2007, 03:49pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Tyler
This works for coaches who go a little over the top, not for players. You either eject, or you don't. I see we have some umps that are "trigger happy".

"Elephant hunters" at kiddie ball. Rat is such an ugly word.
Any coach that condones a youth player throwing equipment over an umpire's call is a rat.

And the kid will learn from his ejection.
Old Sun Nov 18, 2007, 04:36pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Tyler
I see we have some umps that are "trigger happy".
Have you had an ejection yet?

Tim.
Old Sun Nov 18, 2007, 04:44pm
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigUmp56
Have you had an ejection yet?
Not today, but the day ain't over yet........
Old Sun Nov 18, 2007, 05:24pm
Official Forum Member

WOW

I have to admit my original thought was to call the police and have the kid hauled off to jail for assaulting city property but I figured 15 years to life just might not be harsh enough penalty.

Mabey we should just take the kidd out back and put a bullet to his head, that will fix his ***.

I usually officiated by the simple rule that "No body came to watch me" but, its quite obvious that I am in the minority.

You guys have got to be shting me. Do you go home and beat the wife and kids into a blivy for not talking the right way to you also?

GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSES

This is a game, if you think your dictorial method of officiating is going to teach this kidd anything. YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOOO WRONG.

The only message you are sending is it is ok to blow things out of proportion and be a hardass.

While your on your high horse also go out and yell at your partner for blowing the call and embarrase the hell out of him.

Heck, he has got to learn some how and being the great teacher out there, why not take care of all the problems at one time.
Old Sun Nov 18, 2007, 05:44pm
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jicecone
WOW

I have to admit my original thought was to call the police and have the kid hauled off to jail for assaulting city property but I figured 15 years to life just might not be harsh enough penalty.

Mabey we should just take the kidd out back and put a bullet to his head, that will fix his ***.

I usually officiated by the simple rule that "No body came to watch me" but, its quite obvious that I am in the minority.

You guys have got to be shting me. Do you go home and beat the wife and kids into a blivy for not talking the right way to you also?

GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSES

This is a game, if you think your dictorial method of officiating is going to teach this kidd anything. YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOOO WRONG.

The only message you are sending is it is ok to blow things out of proportion and be a hardass.

While your on your high horse also go out and yell at your partner for blowing the call and embarrase the hell out of him.

Heck, he has got to learn some how and being the great teacher out there, why not take care of all the problems at one time.
You might want to try switching to decaf.

Last edited by Welpe; Sun Nov 18, 2007 at 05:55pm.
Old Sun Nov 18, 2007, 05:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
WOW

(Remainder of post edited as it only contained exaggerations that had nothing to do with the play.)
This is the first time I've seen an umpire whine as much as a coach.

Properly ejecting a player, as in this instance, has nothing to do with who the fans are looking at, it has to do with doing your job so someone else doesn't have to.

Your post leans toward the old bullsh!t about the best umpire being the invisible umpire. What utter nonsense. Sometimes doing your job make you visible.
Old Sun Nov 18, 2007, 05:59pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to bobbybanaduck
Quote:

GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSES
get off your rocking horse and do your job.
Old Sun Nov 18, 2007, 06:10pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
I specifically posed the question for a youth game for a reason. In an upper level game (college and above) I don't see where a reaction like this would warrant an ejection. But for HS on down this is a no brainer to me.

I'm surprised that you'd allow a player at this level to throw sh1t while still on the field and not run him, jice. Allowing him to do this without an ejection just leaves a mess for the next crew working one of his games to clean up.

Tim.
Old Sun Nov 18, 2007, 06:18pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to bobbybanaduck
it's a pretty easy ej in pro ball, tim. short ej report, too, which is always nice.
Old Sun Nov 18, 2007, 06:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbybanaduck
it's a pretty easy ej in pro ball, tim. short ej report, too, which is always nice.
During my visit to Arizona this summer I saw Matt toss a runner who threw his helmet down on home plate after Matt called him out on a tag by the catcher about three feet up the third baseline.

Matt's comment to me was the same as yours..."Easy ejection, short report."
Old Sun Nov 18, 2007, 06:28pm
Official Forum Member

Even if he was frustrated, he can not throw two pieces of equipment and stay in the game. Easy ej. Most players ejected are due to frustration. I have ejected none for being overly happy.
Old Sun Nov 18, 2007, 06:34pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
I specifically posed the question for a youth game for a reason. In an upper level game (college and above) I don't see where a reaction like this would warrant an ejection. But for HS on down this is a no brainer to me.
I think we get ourselves in trouble when we have this black and white, all or nothing philosophies on these kinds of things. I am sure I would likely eject, but some other things my change my opinion. Is the coach taking care of it immediately? Did the player say anything to me directly after or before he throws his helmet? Was this kid a problem during other parts of the game? I like to let players and coaches hang themselves to the point I throw them. Maybe it is the football and basketball official in me but I like the fact I can warn before I have to file paper work.

Quote:
I'm surprised that you'd allow a player at this level to throw sh1t while still on the field and not run him, jice. Allowing him to do this without an ejection just leaves a mess for the next crew working one of his games to clean up.
What the crew did before is irrelevant to me and what the crew will do behind me is irrelevant. I will not likely be around at all so that is not something I am going to concern myself with. I am only concerned with my standards for that game and that might change based on a lot of other factors I will not list right now.

Peace
Old Sun Nov 18, 2007, 06:41pm
Official Forum Member

I'm going to retract my statement about dumping him in a heartbeat. I would have given a coach about 1.5 seconds to react to his helmet toss. If the coach want to jump him before I get a chance, so be it. One point five seconds is his window of opportunity to do so. That didn't happen in this situation, so out he goes.