The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Sep 10, 2007, 11:22pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to goyanksgonj Send a message via Yahoo to goyanksgonj
Current DL/Vacation MLB Umpire Statuses?

UPDATED Monday, September 10, 2007

Jerry Crawford
Dale Scott
Brian O'Nora
Derryl Cousins
Charlie Reliford
Larry Young
Bill Hohn
Laz Díaz
Jim Wolf

Bruce Dreckman (assigned to another crew)
Mike DiMuro (assigned to another crew)
Mike Everitt (assigned to another crew)

Remaining Crew Vacation schedule:

9/3/07-9/9/07:

Jeff Kellogg
Mike Reilly
Andy Fletcher
Eric Cooper

9/10/07-9/16/07 (current):

Derryl Cousins
Hunter Wendelstedt
Randy Marsh
Dana DeMuth
Sam Holbrook
Kerwin Danley
Bob Davidson
Doug Eddings

9/17/07-9/23/07:

Brian Gorman
Gerry Davis
Fieldin Culbreth
Tim McClelland
Paul Schrieber
Mike Everitt
Marty Foster
Paul Nauert

9/24/07-9/30/07:

Dale Scott
Jeff Kellogg (1/2)
Hunter Wendelstedt (1/2)
Randy Marsh (1/2)
Mike Reilly (1/2)
Sam Holbrook (1/2)
Ron Kulpa
Andy Fletcher (1/2)
Paul Emmel
Eric Cooper (1/2)
Dan Iassogna
Bob Davidson (1/2)

Any idea what's up with any of these guys? Any info on ETA's for returns to the field for any of them?
Old Mon Sep 10, 2007, 11:25pm
Official Forum Member

phew, just in time. i have been wondering where every single umpire will be at every moment, along with when they will be spending time with their family.
Old Tue Sep 11, 2007, 06:48am
Official Forum Member

*sniff sniff*
Old Tue Sep 11, 2007, 09:08am
Get away from me, Steve.

Thank goodness for Steven. We haven't had any jock sniffing around here in quite some time.
Old Tue Sep 11, 2007, 10:00am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to UmpJM
Cool

goyanksgonj,

I had a great vacation the week of 7/30-8/3; I worked 13 games at the CABA World Series in NW IL and even managed to sneak in a Sr. Colt (17 & Over) playoff game on the tournament "off day".

Then, get this, I ended up taking the week of 8/6-8/10 as vacation as well - kind of a "spur of the moment" thing to take my HS Senior to the NE to look at colleges.

The next two weeks I was travelling on business - had a game scheduled on 8/19, but it was cancelled due to the uncharacteristic "monsoon like" conditions we had in mid-August. (Darn!)

Got back on the field on 8/26 for a HS "Fall Ball" DH. Pretty much just weekend games available here for Fall Ball.

Just wanted to keep you posted.

JM
Old Tue Sep 11, 2007, 10:02am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmpJM (nee CoachJM)
goyanksgonj,

I had a great vacation the week of 7/30-8/3; I worked 13 games at the CABA World Series in NW IL and even managed to sneak in a Sr. Colt (17 & Over) playoff game on the tournament "off day".

Then, get this, I ended up taking the week of 8/6-8/10 as vacation as well - kind of a "spur of the moment" thing to take my HS Senior to the NE to look at colleges.

The next two weeks I was travelling on business - had a game scheduled on 8/19, but it was cancelled due to the uncharacteristic "monsoon like" conditions we had in mid-August. (Darn!)

Got back on the field on 8/26 for a HS "Fall Ball" DH. Pretty much just weekend games available here for Fall Ball.

Just wanted to keep you posted.

JM
Thanks for reminding me. Steven, I'm working 2 more baseball dates this year and am sticking with football until the season ends. In case you want to add me to your list, that is. Sniff.
Old Tue Sep 11, 2007, 10:04am

This morning I plan to have bacon and eggs for breakfast, followed by several hours of intense homework, followed by some mindless entertainment on this website, followed by lunch. More details to come.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Tue Sep 11, 2007, 10:18am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
This morning I plan to have bacon and eggs for breakfast, followed by several hours of intense homework, followed by some mindless entertainment on this website, followed by lunch. More details to come.
I had bran cereal with a sprinkle of Splenda and skim milk on top. I'm about to have a cup of coffee and dig in on some work for my day job.
Old Tue Sep 11, 2007, 10:31am
Official Forum Member

I will, for the first time since I began officiating, work baseball, football and basketball games in the same week.

Fall Ball lasts three more weeks, football is in full swing and early season AAU basketball has started up.

My elder son called last night to say he was coming home for Thanksgiving and my next scheduled vacation will be over Christmas break. We'll be spending time at our beach house near Monterey.
Old Tue Sep 11, 2007, 10:54am
Archaic Power Monger

I have a busy week, a Freshman football game on Thursday, a JV/Varsity double header on Friday and two youth games on Saturday. I won't be working any baseball until Spring.

My breakfast consisted of a Rockstar Juice and a Cliff bar plus Peet's coffee provided at the office.

Garth,is your beach house in Monterey, CA?
Old Tue Sep 11, 2007, 11:04am
Official Forum Member

Hey all,

I had a muffin and some diet grean tea for breakfast, along with a seven course dose of medicines (heart, blood, and diabetes).

I only have travel/fall ball on weekends until early November, then off until the spring. Right now, I only do baseball.

LomUmp
Old Tue Sep 11, 2007, 11:09am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarthB
I will, for the first time since I began officiating, work baseball, football and basketball games in the same week.

Fall Ball lasts three more weeks, football is in full swing and early season AAU basketball has started up.

My elder son called last night to say he was coming home for Thanksgiving and my next scheduled vacation will be over Christmas break. We'll be spending time at our beach house near Monterey.
I'm working football tonight, Thursday (2 games), Friday, and Saturday. Then off to Charlotte for a convention Saturday afternoon and back for a FR/JV DH (football) next Thursday.

Looks like I'll finally be able to trade the white hat tonight for some yapping from the sidelines, too.
Old Tue Sep 11, 2007, 11:09am
Archaic Power Monger

But what kind of muffin? Inquiring minds want to know...
Old Tue Sep 11, 2007, 11:15am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe
But what kind of muffin? Inquiring minds want to know...
Hey all,

I'm sorry, how inconsiderate of me....

Yesterday, the wife and I went to Costco and got one of the variety packs of muffins with poppy seed, blueberry and chocolate. I had a chocolate, Costco sized muffin!!!!

LomUmp
Old Tue Sep 11, 2007, 12:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe
I have a busy week, a Freshman football game on Thursday, a JV/Varsity double header on Friday and two youth games on Saturday. I won't be working any baseball until Spring.

My breakfast consisted of a Rockstar Juice and a Cliff bar plus Peet's coffee provided at the office.

Garth,is your beach house in Monterey, CA?
Just about half way between Santa Cruz and Monterey. Santa Cruz is 15 miles north and Monterey is 18 miles south.