The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jun 06, 2007, 09:00am
Official Forum Member

Karma, she is a witch

13U. Good visiting team, leading an ok home team 7-4, probably the last inning based on 2 hour time limit. First pitcher walks two, is pulled for the coach's son. I'm in shallow left during the warmups, and hear F5 and F6 grumbling amongst themselves. "This guy sucks" "Might as well go home now" etc. One of them notices me looking at him, and says, loud enough for me to hear (And probably loud enough for F1 to hear, for that matter), "This idiot gave up NINETEEN runs the last time he came in."

I'm internally shaking my head, not at the amount of runs this kid gave up, but at the attitude of supposed teammates.

Anyway, we get two outs, a couple more baserunners, and it's 2 outs, bases loaded, visitors up 7-6 and time has run out. Next batter hits a HUGE pop up, directly between Awful-Teammate-A and Awful-Teammate-B (the players formerly known as F5 and F6). The both say, "I got it." Then F6 says, "You got it, Ed". Then F5, "Mine, mine, aagh!" as he slips down. Then F6, "Still yours!" with a bit of panic in his voice (he STILL could have caught the ball), and it drops - inches from F5's glove and about a foot from F6. R1 and R2 have already scored, Ballgame!

Couldn't help feeling like the baseball gods won one here. Wonder who tripped F5.
Old Wed Jun 06, 2007, 09:09am
Official Forum Member

Just curious—was A-Rod there, and did he yell anything just before the ball dropped?
Old Thu Jun 07, 2007, 08:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrowder
13U. Good visiting team, leading an ok home team 7-4, probably the last inning based on 2 hour time limit. First pitcher walks two, is pulled for the coach's son. I'm in shallow left during the warmups, and hear F5 and F6 grumbling amongst themselves. "This guy sucks" "Might as well go home now" etc. One of them notices me looking at him, and says, loud enough for me to hear (And probably loud enough for F1 to hear, for that matter), "This idiot gave up NINETEEN runs the last time he came in."

I'm internally shaking my head, not at the amount of runs this kid gave up, but at the attitude of supposed teammates.

Anyway, we get two outs, a couple more baserunners, and it's 2 outs, bases loaded, visitors up 7-6 and time has run out. Next batter hits a HUGE pop up, directly between Awful-Teammate-A and Awful-Teammate-B (the players formerly known as F5 and F6). The both say, "I got it." Then F6 says, "You got it, Ed". Then F5, "Mine, mine, aagh!" as he slips down. Then F6, "Still yours!" with a bit of panic in his voice (he STILL could have caught the ball), and it drops - inches from F5's glove and about a foot from F6. R1 and R2 have already scored, Ballgame!Couldn't help feeling like the baseball gods won one here. Wonder who tripped F5.
Bottom of 5th last night, visitors winning 3-0. After 2 throwing errors to 1B by F6 and a dropped fly ball to F8 the home team is winning 5-3 and the pitcher is moved to SS. During the new pitcher warmups he comes over to me and says I can't really blame our SS or CF because they are both really good players but those are plays we should make and there are times we just don't make 'em.