The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Feb 26, 2006, 08:45pm
Official Forum Member

Eighth grade tournament today. First I had the boys' consolation game, then the girls' consolation game.

Boys' game was so clean it was ridiculous. The 'lesser' team was running a ball control offense, waiting for shots. At one point in the third quarter, they took over 2:20 off the clock on one possession. I don't think they got it inside the arc more than three times. Fastest game I ever did.

I knew we were going to pay for it, though. Things have a way of balancing out. Girls game, 40 fouls. We probably could have had 20 more. Sheesh.
Old Mon Feb 27, 2006, 11:44pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by mplagrow
Eighth grade tournament today. First I had the boys' consolation game, then the girls' consolation game.

Boys' game was so clean it was ridiculous. The 'lesser' team was running a ball control offense, waiting for shots. At one point in the third quarter, they took over 2:20 off the clock on one possession. I don't think they got it inside the arc more than three times. Fastest game I ever did.

I knew we were going to pay for it, though. Things have a way of balancing out. Girls game, 40 fouls. We probably could have had 20 more. Sheesh.
Don't worry, that's not karma. Karma doesn't "get" you in this life. It comes back and sticks you in the butt in the next life when you have no idea what you did wrong.
Old Tue Feb 28, 2006, 09:41am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Julie's tagline: "He wasn't shocked at the wickedness of the wicked, but rather at the wickedness of the righteous."
-- from Sir Gibbie, by George MacDonald

reminded me of this quote: "With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." -- Steven Weinberg

Nothing to do with karma or basketball. Just stream of consciousness. Sorry.
Old Tue Feb 28, 2006, 10:19am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Julie's tagline: "He wasn't shocked at the wickedness of the wicked, but rather at the wickedness of the righteous."

reminded me of this quote: "With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." -- Steven Weinberg

Careful Chuck, I hear an "esteemed member" starting to stream their consciousness on their keyboard again...

I have to disagree with Juulie - the Karma bus travels the country every day, looking for victims to roll over. The route just happened to be in mplagrow's neighborhood that night. It was in my neighborhood the night my partners and I talked about a great game we had the night before, then the one this night turns out 72-22. The only thing you can do is just admit it exists, and accept that sometimes you're the passenger, and sometimes you're the stuff caught in the tire treads.

(Used with permission.)
Old Tue Feb 28, 2006, 02:14pm
Official Forum Member

Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug. . . .that brings to mind an old joke.

Whats the last thing that goes through a bug's mind as it hits the windshield?

Its butt.

OK,immature, but I spend all day with junior high students. You'll have to excuse me.
Old Tue Feb 28, 2006, 02:19pm
Official Forum Member

Sometimes you're the bird, sometimes you're the statue.

Sometimes you're the dog, sometimes you're the hydrant.

Geesh, I work with adults all day; so what's my excuse?

(Used with permission.)
Old Tue Feb 28, 2006, 02:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias

and...."He's got enough religion to hate, but not enough to love."