Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Apr 10, 2007, 08:06am
Get away from me, Steve.

Anyone ever have a game like this?

See here:

http://www.bridgew.edu/athletics/dir...ts/bscbb14.htm

To be fair, the losing team moved from club status to D3 status this season. And these days, when a men's varsity team is ADDED, we should applaud.

Last edited by Rich; Tue Apr 10, 2007 at 08:14am.
Old Tue Apr 10, 2007, 10:37am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Fronheiser
See here:

http://www.bridgew.edu/athletics/dir...ts/bscbb14.htm

To be fair, the losing team moved from club status to D3 status this season. And these days, when a men's varsity team is ADDED, we should applaud.
By far the most lopsided game I've ever heard of. I did a DIII game this past weekend that ended 17-0, and I thought that was bad.... sheesh!
Old Tue Apr 10, 2007, 10:45am
Official Forum Member

Coach says he doesn't want to be beat by 30

Yesterday afternoon we played nearly a two inning game. 29-1. Coaches both talked in the middle of the second inning and visiting coach was asked by home coach "How bad do you want to let it get?" Both agreed to the shortened game so at 29 runs we called it.
Old Tue Apr 10, 2007, 11:30am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Delaware Blue
A number of years ago, I did a Junior LL game that was 44 - 0 at the end of the second inning. It's the only game I've seen 3 runs score on a "routine" infield fly.

The game was called at the end of the second inning due to curfew. It was a nightmare and one of the reasons I'm glad I don't do that level anymore.
Old Tue Apr 10, 2007, 12:32pm
Official Forum Member

Had a bad higher level youth game a few years back where it was something like 25 runs, no outs in the top of the 1st. Coach called time, asked if I could get the other coach over, and agreed to end the inning and let the home team bat until everyone had gotten to bat once (it was a CBO league) ... so we had 1 run, 10 outs, 1 LOB in a single half-inning.
Old Tue Apr 10, 2007, 12:47pm
Official Forum Member

Hey all,

Closest I had was last year in a men's adult league. 31-8 after five (home team, the losers, decided to call the game after the fourth inning after they got to bat JUST ONE MORE TIME!) The slaughter rule didn't kick in until after seven innings, and the game still went @ 3hours and 20 minutes!

LomUmp
Old Tue Apr 10, 2007, 01:02pm
Official Forum Member

This is the closest to that I've heard of......This was a 1-A/2-A varsity baseball game. In 2007, the losers of this game (Gray Stone Day School) are only playing a JV schedule. Both teams are located in the southern Piedmont of NC.
__________________________________________________ _________

Prep Baseball

The St. Paddy’s Day Massacre

Sunday, March 19, 2006 — RICHFIELD – Tragicly it will be known as the St. Paddy’s Day Massacre. Tragic because the losers of the 43-0 game was Stanly’s own Gray Stone.

However, there was nothing malicious about the beating of the new program by the hands of one of the state’s elite 2A programs.

“We just played station to station,” West head coach David Lee said. “We started a mixed line up and it was a chance for some of our reserves to the get reps. Gray Stone battled for five innings.”

Senior Ryan McGarity (1-0) got his first start and fanned eight while going 5-for-8 with a pair of doubles.

Younger brother, Kyle, was 6-for-7 with seven RBIs and a homer. Travis Speight – a .600 hitter on jayvees – was 6-for-7 with six RBIs, two doubles and a home run.

West improved to 8-0, 2-0 in the Rocky River and play three games at home next week. Tuesday will be against Monroe(4 p.m.) and Wednesday the Colts take on 4A Central Cabarrus (4 p.m.).

West will host North Stanly Friday at 7 p.m. in a doubleheader with the jayvees.

__________________________________________________ _____________
Old Tue Apr 10, 2007, 02:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence.Dorsey
This is the closest to that I've heard of......This was a 1-A/2-A varsity baseball game. In 2007, the losers of this game (Gray Stone Day School) are only playing a JV schedule. Both teams are located in the southern Piedmont of NC.
__________________________________________________ _________

Prep Baseball

The St. Paddy’s Day Massacre

Sunday, March 19, 2006 — RICHFIELD – Tragicly it will be known as the St. Paddy’s Day Massacre. Tragic because the losers of the 43-0 game was Stanly’s own Gray Stone.

However, there was nothing malicious about the beating of the new program by the hands of one of the state’s elite 2A programs.

“We just played station to station,” West head coach David Lee said. “We started a mixed line up and it was a chance for some of our reserves to the get reps. Gray Stone battled for five innings.”

Senior Ryan McGarity (1-0) got his first start and fanned eight while going 5-for-8 with a pair of doubles.

Younger brother, Kyle, was 6-for-7 with seven RBIs and a homer. Travis Speight – a .600 hitter on jayvees – was 6-for-7 with six RBIs, two doubles and a home run.

West improved to 8-0, 2-0 in the Rocky River and play three games at home next week. Tuesday will be against Monroe(4 p.m.) and Wednesday the Colts take on 4A Central Cabarrus (4 p.m.).

West will host North Stanly Friday at 7 p.m. in a doubleheader with the jayvees.

__________________________________________________ _____________
Oh poor Gray Stone. I went to school there for the first two years it was open, and they've taken some malicious beatings. The first year in 1-A/2-A, they took a 114-14 loss in basketball. We weren't in a conference when I was there, and I believe this is only their second year in the conference.
Old Tue Apr 10, 2007, 04:33pm
Official Forum Member

I had 22-1 the second game of of a JV double dip yesterday. The classic "I want to let some guys play that don't get to. 18 runs scored by the home team in the 1st inning, doneafter 2 1/2.

I was ready to bedone after one----friggin 40 degrees outside. Between a no-show partner and this I was about ready to shout some unprofessional stuff.....
Old Tue Apr 10, 2007, 10:46pm
Official Forum Member

i did a pony game 33 to 2 in 4 inns
Old Wed Apr 11, 2007, 12:30am

Pinto Memorial Day Tournament game, Ramona, California back in the mid '90s.

44 to 1, called by 10-run rule after 4 innings.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Wed Apr 11, 2007, 09:24am
Official Forum Member

NCAA Division 1 game (Both teams were/are Division 1): 38-0. I was on the plate. I got it done in 3:05...not bad, all things considered.
Old Wed Apr 11, 2007, 10:02am
Official Forum Member

Last year in the IHSA baseball playoffs good suburban teams were matched against Chicago city schools who have no fields, equipment, nor players. The games were 20-0 (plus) after the first or second innings. I know one umpire who went to the winning coach and had the team skip their turns at-bat to get the game over.
Old Wed Apr 11, 2007, 09:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctblu40
By far the most lopsided game I've ever heard of. I did a DIII game this past weekend that ended 17-0, and I thought that was bad.... sheesh!
In a D-3 game I had last month, the home team in the bottom of the 2nd inning batted around not once, not twice, but THREE times. They hit three 3-run homers in that inning. Final score: 24-3.