The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Apr 07, 2007, 05:19pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Delaware Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLeagueBob
Thanks for the info, DB. Where did you get your Tanel's at? Is their website the only place, or is there another source??
I ordered mine direct from Tanel. If you go to their web site, they have a pretty good package deal on their plate and base shoes but you have to call them to get the special. You can't order the package online.

If all you want are the plate shoes, you can find them cheaper from a reseller like http://www.directsports.com
Old Mon Apr 09, 2007, 04:43pm
Official Forum Member

Success!

Received the New Balance plate shoes today. The Gerry Davis shin guards which would not work with the Gerry Davis high top plate shoes I wore last year, work much better with these NB shoes. The protective flaps still splay a bit, but not nearly as much as they did with the GD plates shoes.

I can't wait to work my first game in these new shoes! They fit and feel just like I would expect a pair of NB shoes to feel. I've been wearing NB shoes for quite a few years now as my primary athletic and casual shoes, along with Mizunos. These NB plate shoes should be great! Also, at that time, I'll find out how easy (or not) they are to clean up.

I'll post on these again after opening day.

Bob
Old Mon Apr 09, 2007, 11:08pm
Official Forum Member

I have had the GD plate shoes for about a year now and have not wore them in many games, but I already have cracks in the patent leather... I use pedag on them but still cracks. I really like the shoe I am not happy about the cracks though.
Old Sat Apr 21, 2007, 10:35pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up tanel360

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLeagueBob
ok - I'm sitting here right now w/a pair of 450s and my shinguards on (yes, my family thinks I'm nuts!) - and they just don't seem to mesh well. The wrap-around sides are bulging out over the high top sides, and the instep plate cuts into the front of the shinguards (not the flap, the guards themselves) when I bend forward to walk. So...while I do love the way they feel on my feet (I got the 350s - very comfy!) - I'm not enjoying the way the work w/my shinguards. I've not had high-tops before - is it something you get used to? (btw - my shinguards are the +POS 315s).

I was thinking of trying the Tanel's next - I had heard they were also very comfortable - but this post has me worried - are they really not as comfortable??
i have just got my tanel 360s and i love them.they have a special going where you can get the plate shoes and base shoes for about the price of a pair of new balance plate shoes. and you get a hat and sunglasses too boot. i never wear sunglasses behind the plate but i wore these and want another pair.the shoes did great would not wear anything else give them a try your feet will love you for them.
Old Sun Apr 22, 2007, 01:17am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyd8266
i have just got my tanel 360s and i love them.they have a special going where you can get the plate shoes and base shoes for about the price of a pair of new balance plate shoes.
The Tanel package goes for $159.98. NB plate shoes cost $99 with free shipping. About a week ago they were on sale for about $88 including shipping. That is not exactly about the same price.
Old Sat Apr 28, 2007, 12:25am
Official Forum Member

Honigs plate shoe

I tried the Honigs hi top shoe after having the sole on my older Honigs low top plate shoes delam. I was very disappointed. First, they appear to have very little leather in the upper. They actually squeaked when I walked and seem to be mostly vinyl. They cause my shin guards to flair out at the ankle which in turn causes my pant cuffs to ride up. The steel toe protrudes into the inner area and rubbed my toes raw. I was so disheartened, I wore them for 3 games or so and threw them on ebay. This is not meant to be a dig on Honigs, I loved my low top shoes but they wore out. I have since gone to the Plus Pos low tops.
Old Sat Apr 28, 2007, 07:21am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klokard
I tried the Honigs hi top shoe after having the sole on my older Honigs low top plate shoes delam. I was very disappointed.
Regular or patent leather?
Old Sat Apr 28, 2007, 09:37am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I tried the Honigs hi top shoe after having the sole on my older Honigs low top plate shoes delam. I was very disappointed. First, they appear to have very little leather in the upper. They actually squeaked when I walked and seem to be mostly vinyl.
Aong with my new NB's. I have a pair of the Honigs high tops. There is no vinyl on mine.
Old Sat Apr 28, 2007, 05:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I tried the Honigs hi top shoe after having the sole on my older Honigs low top plate shoes delam. I loved my low top shoes but they wore out.
I have had my Honigs high top heels replaced once and then completey resoled with a VIBRAM sole that is still going strong. The uppers are still fine. I expect these will wear out from the inside before they do the outside. You may have been able to save your low tops with a good shoe repair shop.

This year I bought a pair of Tanels because I heard so much about how comfortable they are, and they are comfortable, but I don't think they are any more so than my Honigs high tops. I have been using high tops for a long time and it taking an adjustment to get used to lows again.
Old Mon May 28, 2007, 09:20pm
Official Forum Member

tanel plate shoes

i have had my tanel 360 base and plate shoes and they do great for me.un like older shoes where you fill the cleat grind in the bottom of your foot! well with these shoes you dont fill that and yes they are very comfortable. the package on the internetis plate shoes,baseshoes a hat and a pair of RMPsunglasses not a bad deal,
Old Wed May 30, 2007, 08:48am
BigGuy

I got the Spot Bilt patent leather plate shoes from btlofficialsgear.com With tax and shipping cost me less than $100. VERY comfortable. I've done four games in a day twice and three another time and they are great. Got them in one day.
Old Wed May 30, 2007, 10:22am
Official Forum Member

Has anybody tried these? Looks like an affordable shoe with the good look of patent leather.

http://www.gerrydavis.com/Merchant2/...tegory_Code=PS
Old Wed May 30, 2007, 04:36pm
Official Forum Member

Hey all,

I recently had my Honig's high top plate shoes have a ripped out heel area. I searched over and over again to try and get a pair of size 14 high tops from somewhere, but, I could not find high tops available anywhere. I ended up getting these:

http://www.pluspos.com/product.asp?which=447

I was surprised to find the low top as comfortable as they are. That they offer a lot more protection is a BIG plus. (No pun intended.)

LomUmp