The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Mar 28, 2007, 07:07pm
Official Forum Member

+POS Umpire Shoes

I have a pair of +POS Shoes on Ebay for $100 shipped. Heres the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/POS-UMPIRE-SHOES...QQcmdZViewItem
Old Wed Mar 28, 2007, 08:01pm
rei

Put an extra insole in those puppies and they won't be too big for you anymore!
Old Wed Mar 28, 2007, 10:49pm
Official Forum Member

Wait, so are you saying that this new +POS shoe (the eBay listing says that they are new) does not ship with an insole? I find that hard to believe!

Or did you pull out the insoles of the +POS shoes to put them in the Honig's plate shoes that you were trying to sell here and on eBay a couple of months ago? Or maybe you bought them dirt cheap as blemished/seconds, and the problem was that they did not have insoles in them? And now you are trying to get top dollar on eBay for them?

I don't really know what you are up to, but it has an odor to it. Earlier posts showed that you bought the Honig's shoes secondhand (allegedly new, but you were not the original customer) and tried to return them to Honig's, and, when that did not work out to your satisfaction, you then apparently tried to sell them on eBay.

Why don't you just try to make your quick buck from some sucker on eBay and cease the soliciting on this forum?
Old Wed Mar 28, 2007, 11:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotblue?
Why don't you just try to make your quick buck from some sucker on eBay and cease the soliciting on this forum?
im not sure if you clicked the link...but hes selling the shoes to some sucker on eBay and soliciting suckers on this forum to check that out at the same time.
is there something wrong with letting people know you have shoes for sale, or are suckers just supposed to know on their own? plate shoes seem like a wanted solicitation around here.
Old Thu Mar 29, 2007, 08:13am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxley11
I have a pair of +POS Shoes on Ebay for $100 shipped. Heres the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/POS-UMPIRE-SHOES...QQcmdZViewItem

The picture shows three shoes......does the free shipping cover the third shoe, or does it cost extra to ship it?
Old Thu Mar 29, 2007, 08:48am
Official Forum Member

A third shoe? Is that for people with a third leg?
Old Thu Mar 29, 2007, 09:17am
Official Forum Member

Jeez you guys.

He bought a pair of shoes on eBay, and they didn't fit. Now he's selling them. He's giving us a heads-up, in case we need a pair. It's a fair deal if you need 11's. If you do a little homework, and not pop off so quick, you'll see he's just breaking even on the deal.

I hope the snow melts soon you for penguins out there.
Old Thu Mar 29, 2007, 03:23pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks for SOME people understanding. I dont know why people have to respond to be critical. I dont care if you have had a bad day or what your problems are, I havent said anything bad to any of you, so why am I being attacked because I want to sell some shoes. And Kyle, I will actually be losing some money, I bought these for $99 I believe, and Ebay and Paypal will most likley take $5 or $6 for the fees. I am going to sell these and then go to +POS, and spend the $140 or whatever it is to buy some 10 1/2'.s And dont act like you people would sell or return shoes dont fit.
Old Thu Mar 29, 2007, 04:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Thanks for SOME people understanding. I dont know why people have to respond to be critical. I dont care if you have had a bad day or what your problems are, I havent said anything bad to any of you, so why am I being attacked because I want to sell some shoes. And Kyle, I will actually be losing some money, I bought these for $99 I believe, and Ebay and Paypal will most likley take $5 or $6 for the fees. I am going to sell these and then go to +POS, and spend the $140 or whatever it is to buy some 10 1/2'.s And dont act like you people would sell or return shoes dont fit.
Because if we allow this crap, then our site designed to help us improve as umpires becomes a swap meet. No one here likes solicitation.
Old Thu Mar 29, 2007, 04:58pm
Official Forum Member

Speak for yourself.

Hey, when someone had a link through Amazon for those $30 WV protectors, I hope you didn't blow that off too. I got a couple, and so did lots of folks here.
Old Thu Mar 29, 2007, 06:16pm
BigGuy

Don't buy from +POS on this one - bought mine from btlofficialsgear.com -spent $60 less than +POS and got them in a day. Don't know where you live, but even a couple of days extra probably won't matter. I got the spot bilt one's
Old Thu Mar 29, 2007, 06:36pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks, but no thanks. I would say 60-70% of the people in my association wear +POS. I love the look, and the feel of the shoes, and the $140 I have heard is a bargain since the shoes last so long.
Old Thu Mar 29, 2007, 06:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotblue?
Wait, so are you saying that this new +POS shoe (the eBay listing says that they are new) does not ship with an insole? I find that hard to believe!

Or did you pull out the insoles of the +POS shoes to put them in the Honig's plate shoes that you were trying to sell here and on eBay a couple of months ago? Or maybe you bought them dirt cheap as blemished/seconds, and the problem was that they did not have insoles in them? And now you are trying to get top dollar on eBay for them?

I don't really know what you are up to, but it has an odor to it. Earlier posts showed that you bought the Honig's shoes secondhand (allegedly new, but you were not the original customer) and tried to return them to Honig's, and, when that did not work out to your satisfaction, you then apparently tried to sell them on eBay.

1. These shoes ship with insoles, not from +POS, but insoles from Dr. Scholl's. I believe they are better anyway.

2. These shoes are a little blemished. I wouldnt have even known about the "blemishes" if the seller hadnt told me a bout them. I believe there are 1 or 2 minor marks, and if someone was obsessive about it they could polish it.

3. I paid just under $100 for these shoes, so I did not get them dirt cheap. I am trying to get my money back on these, which I won't do because of the Ebay and Paypal fees. Then I will go to +POS and buy the shoes direct

4. Excuse me for trying to save a little bit of money. By the way, the people that bought my Honig's shoes were more than happy to buy them for about $85, and I didn't get my money back on those either.

5. Talk when you know what the hell is going on.

Last edited by uxley11; Thu Mar 29, 2007 at 06:46pm.
Old Thu Mar 29, 2007, 10:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
5. Talk when you know what the hell is going on.
Youre too young to be using this language.
Old Fri Mar 30, 2007, 07:13am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Thanks for SOME people understanding. I dont know why people have to respond to be critical.
Maybe it's because of your posting pattern and things that don't seem "quite right" about the ebay and other ads.