The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Mar 20, 2007, 02:40pm
Official Forum Member

Review-Just Got My New Plate Coat-Black from Gerry Davis Sports

The box just came in. Fits very well. The material is very nice. Workmanship is outstanding. Bi-Swing shoulders, double vented, bellows lower pockets, patch chest pocket, inside breast pocket. When I tried it on a couple kids in my class exclaimed how nice it looked. It was manufactured by Canterbury Clothing Company of Boston, MA. I am impressed with the overall quality. Everyone told me that I would not be disappointed and I am not. I had some custom dress uniforms in the Army and this is every bit as nice for less money (of course, no pants come with this one). If you have the means and the inclination, go for it. You will not be disappointed. Our season starts Monday, 3/26. I think I will go out and do another scrimmage this weekend just to try it out. Thanks to all who encouraged me to buy one.
Old Tue Mar 20, 2007, 03:00pm
Archaic Power Monger

How long did it take you to receive it from the time you ordered it? Also, did you need to have a tailor take your measurements or did they just need a sport coat size?
Old Tue Mar 20, 2007, 03:04pm
Official Forum Member

Also, how much extra room did you size for to accomodate for chest protector?
Old Tue Mar 20, 2007, 03:09pm
Official Forum Member

When I purchased my Fetcheimer (sp?) plate coat, I just gave regular suit or sport coat size. The plate coat is cut a little differently to allow for the added bulk of the protector.
Old Tue Mar 20, 2007, 03:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe
How long did it take you to receive it from the time you ordered it? Also, did you need to have a tailor take your measurements or did they just need a sport coat size?

http://www.gerrydavis.com/Merchant2/...egory_Code=JCK
Old Tue Mar 20, 2007, 03:13pm
Official Forum Member

Ping:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctblu40
When I purchased my Fetcheimer (sp?) plate coat, I just gave regular suit or sport coat size. The plate coat is cut a little differently to allow for the added bulk of the protector.
I bought a Fechheimer a few years ago from BTL in Appleton. I wear a size 42, but ended up having to go up to a 44 to accomodate my Platinum. The Davis coats are custom made and if measured with your protector on, there shouldnt be a problem.
Old Tue Mar 20, 2007, 03:56pm
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarthB
I guess that would've been the obvious place to look.... thanks Garth.
Old Tue Mar 20, 2007, 07:32pm
Official Forum Member

Do What GarthB said.

Garth is on the money, as usual. I spoke with a Mary at Gerry Davis. As she instructed, I printed the measurement sheet and had myself measured with my West Vest Original and My Honig's K-1. I sent it in the measurement sheet with a check and four and one half weeks later (today), I got my coat. Don't delay, order yours today. I got my number sewed on the right sleeve through the lining. It is fully lined. The material is a nylon gabardine twill weave. The outside ball pockets have hidden bellows in the bottom and side. There are two inside breast pockets that are very deep. I am also an assistant coach for our football team and our head coach, a coaching legend here in KY, saw me trying it on again after school. He used to umpire twenty plus years ago and he said it looked like the best he had seen. Really professional and classy. I hope so.
Old Tue Mar 20, 2007, 08:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorDave
Garth is on the money, as usual. I spoke with a Mary at Gerry Davis. As she instructed, I printed the measurement sheet and had myself measured with my West Vest Original and My Honig's K-1. I sent it in the measurement sheet with a check and four and one half weeks later (today), I got my coat. Don't delay, order yours today. I got my number sewed on the right sleeve through the lining. It is fully lined. The material is a nylon gabardine twill weave. The outside ball pockets have hidden bellows in the bottom and side. There are two inside breast pockets that are very deep. I am also an assistant coach for our football team and our head coach, a coaching legend here in KY, saw me trying it on again after school. He used to umpire twenty plus years ago and he said it looked like the best he had seen. Really professional and classy. I hope so.
You took your plate coat to school?
Old Wed Mar 21, 2007, 03:12am
Official Forum Member

No, I teach High School

I have all of my deliveries sent to school so they do not get left in the rain, left out to get stolen, save me a trip to UPS depot, etc. They just bring stuff right to my classroom. I also run a school store in conjunction with my Sports Marketing class. So packages get delivered to me all of the time. I umpire in a different region than where I teach. Our baseball athletes are keenly interested in my assessments of other teams in the region where I umpire because they usually meet in the sectionals to determine who goes to the state tournament.