The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jan 20, 2007, 03:15pm
Official Forum Member

Honig's Help

hey guys. I just bought a pair of Honig's K-70's as I mentioned on a previous thread. I bought them off Ebay for $75. They are 1 size to big for me. The seller gave me his receipt from Honig's so that I could return them if they don't fit. These shoes are brand new, only worn to see if I could fit into them. Has anyone ever had to return anything to Honigs? Because I plan on returning the shoes I have for a size smaller. Any experience anyone has had with Hongi's would be appreciated.
Old Sat Jan 20, 2007, 03:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxley11
hey guys. I just bought a pair of Honig's K-70's as I mentioned on a previous thread. I bought them off Ebay for $75. They are 1 size to big for me. The seller gave me his receipt from Honig's so that I could return them if they don't fit. These shoes are brand new, only worn to see if I could fit into them. Has anyone ever had to return anything to Honigs? Because I plan on returning the shoes I have for a size smaller. Any experience anyone has had with Hongi's would be appreciated.
Why cant you just handle it yourself? Why do you need everybody's advice & past experiences before you do something as simple as returning shoes? If they dont let you return them, its your fault. You bought shoes knowing they were the wrong size.
Old Sat Jan 20, 2007, 03:42pm
Official Forum Member

I wanted to see if anyone had any problems with returning the shoes. Don't get too worked up *******
Old Sat Jan 20, 2007, 03:52pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to RPatrino Send a message via Yahoo to RPatrino
I don't know where you live, but out here on the West Coast, any service issues can be brought to the attention of Tom Hiler and be taken care of. The other regional offices have much the same track record.

-----------------------
We are stewards of baseball. Our customers aren't schools or coaches or conferences. Our customer is the game itself.
Old Sat Jan 20, 2007, 04:03pm
Official Forum Member

Honigs is GREAT

I've dealt with Honig's and they do an EXCELLENT job taking returns.

I had them send me the wrong state logo on a shirt and a hat. I called them and they immediately sent me the correct logo that day. They also had a FREE return for me through Fed Express.

Then a year later when I ordered 2 hats with the state logo they sent me the wrong state. When I called them they told me they would send the RIGHT hat and just keep the hats to wear while mowing the yard.

I got the right 2 hats within 3 days and sure enough now I mow the yard in my official IHSAA hat!!

"I've never questioned the integrity of an umpire. Their eyesight, yes"---Leo Durocher
Old Sat Jan 20, 2007, 04:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
OY!

We told you the sizes run true, and I told you where you can buy them cheaper than you bought them for. I can't imagine that Honig's will take them back from a third party. You never know though, so call them and tell them the truth. They're really good about returns. Just tell them you goofed up, plan on buying your future gear from them, and hope for the best.

Next time.........
Old Sat Jan 20, 2007, 06:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPatrino
I don't know where you live, but out here on the West Coast, any service issues can be brought to the attention of Tom Hiler and be taken care of. The other regional offices have much the same track record.
This isn't a Honig's service issue. It's a guy who bought the wrong size shoes off eBay from a third party. Hey uxley11, maybe you'll grow into them or just put some paper in the toe to take up the extra space
Old Sat Jan 20, 2007, 06:28pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
I think Honigs has the best customer service out there for umpire equipment. I think it would be a shame for you to abuse their good nature trying to return a product you bought second hand online.

Tim.
Old Sat Jan 20, 2007, 06:50pm
Official Forum Member

Explain how you go them, they are too big and wonder if they would replace and if they have not been used I can't imagine they would not replace them with the correct size, with not much thought about it.

Honig's likes their customers and if they have not been used why wouldn't they swap them out? A satisfied customer, even one swapping something they got from somebody else, will come back when they need something else.

I don't consider this abuse, especially if you do any other business with them. If not it is your first chance to find out how good they are to work with, and they will appreciate that opportunity as well.

Last edited by DG; Sat Jan 20, 2007 at 06:53pm.
Old Sat Jan 20, 2007, 11:14pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm21711
Why cant you just handle it yourself? Why do you need everybody's advice & past experiences before you do something as simple as returning shoes? If they dont let you return them, its your fault. You bought shoes knowing they were the wrong size.
Hey Mark,

I agree with you 100%. I guess I'm an ******* too. Or maybe a ****, or a *****. I guess we aren't allowed to voice our opinions concerning other ********, without being called names.
Old Sat Jan 20, 2007, 11:48pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to umpduck11
Quote:
I wanted to see if anyone had any problems with returning the shoes. Don't get too worked up *******
Perhaps no one here has ever bought shoes from one source, and then attempted to return them to the original seller.

Is it just me, or is the number of people who get their knickers in a twist easily increasing around here ?
Old Sun Jan 21, 2007, 12:00am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by umpduck11
Is it just me, or is the number of people who get their knickers in a twist easily increasing around here ?
Hey all,

Everyone, IMHO, is just in need of some game time to relax.

LomUmp
Old Sun Jan 21, 2007, 04:47pm
Official Forum Member

Talking help on a return

Hey guys,
I just ordered a large pizza from Pizza Hut. When I opened it up it was a MEDIUM pizza. I was real hungry so I ate it. I still have the receipt and was wondering if the manager may give me in store credit. Has anyone had experience with Pizza Hut customer service.

FYI...... I am new to this board and I thought the people here were a little touchy. But I have read some posts and I could see how one might go postal in their reply. But I like it!!!!
Old Sun Jan 21, 2007, 05:06pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to umpduck11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jag1102
Hey guys,
I just ordered a large pizza from Pizza Hut. When I opened it up it was a MEDIUM pizza. I was real hungry so I ate it. I still have the receipt and was wondering if the manager may give me in store credit. Has anyone had experience with Pizza Hut customer service.

FYI...... I am new to this board and I thought the people here were a little touchy. But I have read some posts and I could see how one might go postal in their reply. But I like it!!!!
And here I was thinking you were going to want to send it to Domino's for replacement.