The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Oct 17, 2005, 06:03pm
Official Forum Member

I have posted this elsewhere, so if you are somebody who is a member on other boards I apologize for the "double posts." I would like to get as much feedback as possible, however.

I have a bunch of Honig's shirts (8), and have noticed that there is a strip of fabric that runs around the neck(the strip that is above the tag and runs all the way around). I have noticed that on all of my shirts, this area has turned a pinkish color. It looks pretty bad when the shirt is being worn. I emailed Dick, and he said to send a few back, they have not heard of this before. Anybody else had these problems? Thanks.
Old Tue Oct 18, 2005, 09:15am
Official Forum Member

not exactly....

I have not had the collar fade to pink on my Honigs shirts....and I have a good many of them. My only complaint with the Honigs shirts is the collars. They tend to roll and pill.

However, this time of year my favorite shirt is my Honigs Long sleeve. Normally I stick with CK and the few Logo Athletic shirts I still have.

As an aside, I was unloading the car/dressing room and had my shirts all hanging on a hook outside in the sun.....its amazing at how many shades of Navy are out there....I have 4 manufacturers..

Honigs
Cliff Keen
+POS
Logo Athletic

4 different shades of Navy.....

Let us know how Honigs handles the fading issue....
Old Tue Oct 18, 2005, 06:16pm
Official Forum Member

Interesting. I have a bunch of +POS all-cotton short-sleeve shirts, and two do show a kind of pink band on the ribbed collar. It looks almost as if the area had come into contact with bleach. The area is on and above the "fold," so it might be caused by the sun hitting the ribbed edges.

Of the many shirts I own of this type, these are older ones. The others are still navy blue all through. The shirts come in plate and base fit, but only in navy with red/white/navy trim. They are expensive, but over the winter they can be bought at a good discount, and they are easily the most comfortable umpire shirt I've ever worn.

The ASA light blue polyester shirt is the least comfortable. I think monks wear it while serving penance.