The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Oct 16, 2006, 02:52pm
Official Forum Member

Fpsr

I know that the FPSR is in the NCAA ,NFHS and American Legion rules. My question concerns the various youth rule sets. AAU references NFHS so that seems clear, however USSSA (references OBR) and Little League do not to my reading include a FPSR. I know they include "slide or avoid" verbage for tag plays. Please help me if there are other directives that include the application of
FPSR particularly for Little League (all age divisions) and USSSA . I ask this because I enforced it this past Saturday in a Senior Division Little League game.
After the game I checked the Little League rule book and couldn't find the support I had expected to find.
Old Mon Oct 16, 2006, 03:06pm
Official Forum Member

Enforced what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmsc
I know that the FPSR is in the NCAA ,NFHS and American Legion rules. My question concerns the various youth rule sets. AAU references NFHS so that seems clear, however USSSA (references OBR) and Little League do not to my reading include a FPSR. I know they include "slide or avoid" verbage for tag plays. Please help me if there are other directives that include the application of
FPSR particularly for Little League (all age divisions) and USSSA . I ask this because I enforced it this past Saturday in a Senior Division Little League game.
After the game I checked the Little League rule book and couldn't find the support I had expected to find.
Can you explain the situation?
Old Mon Oct 16, 2006, 05:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
SPQR....
Old Mon Oct 16, 2006, 05:56pm
Official Forum Member

OK - I am lost in the letters. What is FPSR? (I must be a FI or DA to not know)
Sam
Old Mon Oct 16, 2006, 06:25pm

Try this thread:

Nfhs Fpsr @ Hp

And this thread contains FPSR discussion, plus was a very lively thread which sparked a good debate about slide/veer-off vs. interfererence call:

runner struck by thrown ball
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Tue Oct 17, 2006, 12:12am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyron
SPQR....
LSMFT.....
Old Tue Oct 17, 2006, 01:15am

Sold American!.....
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Tue Oct 17, 2006, 07:09am
Official Forum Member

Call for Phillip Morris.
Thanks, Steve. I'm not as adept at pulling up old threads. But my question is still about application of FPSR ( force play slide rule for the few who didn't understand) for Little League , USSSA baseball and probably other rule sets which don't seem to include FPSR. The rule is clear for NCAA, American Legion , FED and AAU which references FED.
Old Tue Oct 17, 2006, 08:16am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Little League's slide rule is far less restrictive than FED's FPSR. 7.08(a)(3), a runner must slide or attempt to get around a fielder who is in possession of the ball and waiting to make the tag. There is no other applicable rule.
Old Tue Oct 17, 2006, 09:03am
Official Forum Member

So as with OBR , contact by sliding baserunner within reach of base is not interference? As long as contact is not judged to be malicious of course.