The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Sep 25, 2006, 01:13pm
Official Forum Member

Exclamation Annoying Rat

I had a situation the other night that really upset me. I had a play at third where the runner overslid the base. I called him safe. The head coach of the team in the field came out and asked if the tag had continued after the runner left the bag. There was no way I knew this for sure, but I told him that it had not. The coach then asked if I could go to my partner for help. I did and my partner did not see the entire play either. The next inning there was a close play at first. I made the call and the same coach asked if the ball had possibly been dropped. I had no idea if it had, but I was upset with the coach by now so I shouted, "No it did not! Would you like me to get help on that one, too!" The coach calmly said, "No thanks. Not if you are that sure about it." I then went to the coach and explained the call at third from the inning before. I was still not sure about what happened, but I had now had time to come up with an explanation that I thought would convince the coach that I was correct. He said, "Sounds good, thanks," and went back to his dugout. The more I thought about it, the more upset I got that he had ever questioned me in the first place. In the bottom of the seventh inning, I had a chance to end on a good note. The coach's best hitter was at the plate with a 3-2 count. He started a swing, but it was obvious that he held up. I rung him up from the C position and gave a wink and a nod to the coach. He didn't say a word. It also got me home sooner. After the game, the coach told my partner, "good job," and he told me "Thanks for coming." He must not have been too mad at me. Maybe I will get him again and things will go better.
Old Mon Sep 25, 2006, 01:18pm
Official Forum Member

You are kidding, right?
Old Mon Sep 25, 2006, 01:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by umpire99
The coach's best hitter was at the plate with a 3-2 count. He started a swing, but it was obvious that he held up. I rung him up from the C position and gave a wink and a nod to the coach. He didn't say a word. It also got me home sooner. After the game, the coach told my partner, "good job," and he told me "Thanks for coming." He must not have been too mad at me. Maybe I will get him again and things will go better.
Wow, I'm glad that I'll never have to work a game with you.
Old Mon Sep 25, 2006, 01:23pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down

"but it was obvious that he held up. I rung him up from the C position and gave a wink and a nod to the coach."

Who are you to call anyone a rat? You stink.
Old Mon Sep 25, 2006, 01:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylejt
"but it was obvious that he held up. I rung him up from the C position and gave a wink and a nod to the coach."

Who are you to call anyone a rat? You stink.
That'a way 99. They're on the hook, now reel them in.

For those of you who fell for his post, I've got some ocean front property in Spokane for sale.
Old Mon Sep 25, 2006, 01:36pm

Let me get this in before Tee sees it. This breaks the tie for the stupidest post ever on the internet!!!

Dude, you shouldn't be allowed to watch a baseball game, much less umpire one.

This has to be some troll's idea of a joke. You cannot be serious.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Mon Sep 25, 2006, 01:37pm
Official Forum Member

Sadly, Garth, I HAVE seen umpires who think it is necessary to explain a play at the end of an inning, or the next inning. Or who talk about their partner's call.
Old Mon Sep 25, 2006, 01:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarthB
That'a way 99. They're on the hook, now reel them in.

For those of you who fell for his post, I've got some ocean front property in Spokane for sale.

Gawd, you'd think some would have learned by now. A GOOD troll would have made a post much more subtle than that....that was faaar too obvious.
Well, for most
Old Mon Sep 25, 2006, 01:43pm
Official Forum Member

Was it perhaps the redundancy of "annoying" rat, as if there might be some other type?
Old Mon Sep 25, 2006, 01:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by umpire99
I had a situation the other night that really upset me. I wanted to troll on Officiating.com but couldn't think of a good sitch.....

Fixed that for you
Old Mon Sep 25, 2006, 03:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
Let me get this in before Tee sees it. This breaks the tie for the stupidest post ever on the internet!!
No way...this post was obviously a joke. I would nominate this one (or one of the very similar ones).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLPA13UmpDan
No im serious, never i have i seen it where it says they (leg guards) are sold in pairs!
Old Mon Sep 25, 2006, 05:09pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

If you folks would take in a coaching clinic insted of an umpiring clinic you'd get to take the optional section on "How to Annoy Umpires"
Old Mon Sep 25, 2006, 05:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Ives
If you folks would take in a coaching clinic insted of an umpiring clinic you'd get to take the optional section on "How to Annoy Umpires"

"I never called a balk in my life. I didn't understand the rule" - Ron Luciano
Old Mon Sep 25, 2006, 11:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Ives
the optional section on "How to Annoy Umpires"

"Chapter One: Walk Onto the Field"

The End.