The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Sep 10, 2006, 11:29am
Official Forum Member

Posting on Other Websites

Why are members posting good rule scenarios for discussion on the other websites and NOT here? This list includes some of our top "jefes."
Old Sun Sep 10, 2006, 02:20pm
Official Forum Member

Perhaps it's because whenever something like that is posted here, the thread degenerates into name-calling, insulting, and other juvenile rants.
Old Sun Sep 10, 2006, 06:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAump
Why are members posting good rule scenarios for discussion on the other websites and NOT here? This list includes some of our top "jefes."
There are couple of reasons why we veterans post on numerous sites. First off, I like many of the other veterans, have been members of the other sites for many, many years. Many of the "moldy-oldies" here remember me from the old billboard days before the Internet was even thought of. Another reason is (as was previously stated) posts on this forum have a habit of turning to diarrhea very quickly. That is thanks to one or two posters that can't seem to get their heads out of their anus' (or is that ani?).
Old Sun Sep 10, 2006, 06:41pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to UmpJM
Cool

ozzy,

I believe anuses is the correct plural spelling. Otherwise, I believe you are "dead on".

JM
Old Sun Sep 10, 2006, 06:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAump

Do you mean great discussions on other boards like this:

"Having coached youth baseball & fastpitch for several years(altho not for 5-6 yrs now), & thinking I had a pretty good handle on the rules, I've recently seen some major league baseball situations that seem to indicate I'm not as familiar with the rules as I thought.

Specifically: Runner on 1st base. Batter hits ball to 2nd baseman. Runner on 1st starts toward 2nd base, stops, then takes 3-4 steps back toward 1st base to avoid being tagged by 2nd baseman. 2nd baseman throws to 1st baseman for force play. 1st baseman then throws to shortstop covering 2nd base, where baserunner is either out or safe when tagged.

For some reason, I was under the impression that the runner from 1st base could stop in the basepath so as not to run into a tag, but could not reverse course to avoid a tag on a force play. If he did reverse his course, he was automatically out and the 2nd baseman could throw to 1st base for the force play on the batter, thus completing a double play.

Am I all wet on this? Or is this rule in effect at some lower level?"

Feel free to visit the other boards if you feel you're missing out on "gems" like this.

Official forum may have a few more LL types than it used to, and there is the Holy Trinity (who, in between banishments, declare how much they can't stand to read each other's post, but obviously feel the need to do so anyway). But no other board gets it right as often.
Old Sun Sep 10, 2006, 07:10pm
Official Forum Member

All umpire sites have their wankers. I just prefer the wankers that live here
Old Sun Sep 10, 2006, 08:52pm
Official Forum Member

I read this board and not the other ones because I'm actually interested in the CORRECT answers.
Old Mon Sep 11, 2006, 08:21am
Official Forum Member

If I were King . . .

At least 2/3 of the "Holy Trinity" would be placed on vacation twice a year for 6 months running concurrent.

I would also edit incorrect responses from our "idiot children" (i.e. "children" has nothing to do with the age of a poster).

But alas . . .

Regards,
Old Tue Sep 12, 2006, 10:45am
Official Forum Member

Other sites

Having been a long time reader/sometimes poster of this and other long established sites, I have a history with many posters......knowing pretty much immediately if what they have to say is worth my time to read.....and despite the similarities of the basic baseball interest, each of the sites I go on has a distinct feel about them.....the mix of the posters on that day, the topics and yes, even the "Troll du Jour"...all add in to whether of not I post or respond on that site.....

I pick and choose.....If something interests me here, I respond, if its on another site, I respond there....no ryhme or reason......

On the other hand...if the posts on any given day resemble knucklehead city, I'll just avoid the site until the wind changes......and the wind always changes......

Stan
Old Wed Sep 13, 2006, 12:36am
Official Forum Member

There are other umpire web sites? LIB
Old Wed Sep 13, 2006, 01:26am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to nickrego
Unhappy

What has happened over at McGriff's is a down right shame.

If aliens were to come to our planet, read what goes on over there with posters that are left, they would most likely decide to exterminate our species, for fear of us contaminating the rest of the universe.

Nick