The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jul 18, 2006, 03:19pm

Pete, I think we are discussing a Little League kid throwing equipment. Much different if shaving age players throw equipment. Then you are looking for boogers. I would more likely do a post-game ejection for equipment in a little kid game than I would for telling me about my call. Nobody would be potentially maimed due to his verbal outburst, but the bat can be deadly if thrown just right.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Tue Jul 18, 2006, 03:58pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
Pete, I think we are discussing a Little League kid throwing equipment. Much different if shaving age players throw equipment. Then you are looking for boogers. I would more likely do a post-game ejection for equipment in a little kid game than I would for telling me about my call. Nobody would be potentially maimed due to his verbal outburst, but the bat can be deadly if thrown just right.
Just a small clarification in case you missed it. This was a seniors tournament game. They shave at that level.

Tim.
Old Tue Jul 18, 2006, 04:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
Nice flame, Tim. I throw my partners under the bus. I kiss coaches a$$es. I have no balls. I'm a coward. I'm imcompetent. I'm on everyone's scratch list. Did I leave anything out?

Excuse me while I have a Junior High flashback.........
Probably, but these were the obvious ones.

Tim.
Old Tue Jul 18, 2006, 04:20pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwashburn
My ignore list is ineffective if you won't stop quoting him
Joe, if we don't quote him, he erases his posts to make us look as if we are talking to ourselves, the old "who, me?" innocent act. When we quote him, his attacks are permanent record, and all his deleting of posts won't help. He is now safely back on my ignore list, but I don't mind seeing his asinine comments quoted if it's going to help rid us of him.
Old Tue Jul 18, 2006, 04:28pm
Official Forum Member

The only way that this board will be rid of his incessant attacks and nonsense is for more people to lodge a complaint. I know he's warned PWL several times to stop the nonsense and probably has him on a short leash anyway. Personally I don't want to see him go. I just wish he would grow up and try to learn something from the board instead of acting like a child all the time. Then again, I'm a perpetual optomist...........

Tim.

Last edited by bob jenkins; Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 12:24pm.
Old Tue Jul 18, 2006, 05:20pm
Official Forum Member

I don't need to launch a smear campain against you. You do a good enough job of smearing yourself when you post. As for Brad, I'll take his word over yours all week long and twice on Sunday.

Tim.
Old Tue Jul 18, 2006, 05:47pm
In Memoriam

Exclamation

Please rein it in, folks.
mick
Old Tue Jul 18, 2006, 06:19pm

Yeah, perhaps PWL could rein it in. God knows he's the damn problem here.
Old Tue Jul 18, 2006, 06:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
Yeah, perhaps PWL could rein it in. God knows he's the damn problem here.
No, Steve, apparently we're the problem. This would be because we don't take lightly having our names defamed, our family lives mocked, our employment history berated, our health and physical welfare made issue of, our mental faculties questioned, or any other such nonsense that this child had posted because we dare to question his competence as an official. In my opinion this forum is supposed to be for pointing out differences of opinion on sticky rulings and game management techniques. The vast majority of the members of this forum seem to understand that and have learned that a difference of opinion does not equate to a personnal attack.

This individual, for whatever reason, is so insecure in his officiating competence that in his mind to disagree with him is to attack him. I've never attacked this individual personally, except to point out that he has a child like maturity level. I have pointed out, or tried to point out to him that he needs a lot of work to become a better official, as we all do. It's sad that he cannot or will not accept criticism from anyone here. I suppose I could re-post some of the messages he's left and then deleted where he's made just the most ridiculous of comments directed at others who've tried to help him, but it wouldn't matter. He'll just think I'm picking on him and go back to his petty name calling.

Tim.
Old Tue Jul 18, 2006, 08:27pm
Official Forum Member

threads like this make me love the internet more and more.
Old Tue Jul 18, 2006, 08:29pm
Official Forum Member

Thank God I went to a Catholic grade school where we didn't have "junior high"!
Old Wed Jul 19, 2006, 12:24am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
Sorry Mick, I can't even post without these two yapping at my heels. They've even gone so far as to yap at some one else on another website claiming that it's me. I'm sorry but they crack me up sometimes.
Maybe if you'd post something of value instead of trying to cause trouble I wouldn't have to put you in your place. Haven't you noticed in this thread that you were the one who started in about me having an obsessive control problem. No, you just wanted to stir the pot again and then try to play the poor victim when I responded to your tripe.

Tim.
Old Wed Jul 19, 2006, 01:09am

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigUmp56
No, Steve, apparently we're the problem.
I concur. Your life would really be more fulfilling and meaningful if you would just do something else everyday, all day.
Old Wed Jul 19, 2006, 01:14am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
I concur. Your life would really be more fulfilling and meaningful if you would just do something else everyday, all day.
Then who would keep you in check? I don't know why it bothers you that I have the freedom in my profession to spend time on the Internet. There's no reason for all the envy. The world needs ditch diggers too.

Tim.
Old Wed Jul 19, 2006, 03:07am

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigUmp56
Then who would keep you in check? I don't know why it bothers you that I have the freedom in my profession to spend time on the Internet. There's no reason for all the envy. The world needs ditch diggers too.

Tim.
Hey Tim,

Should we tell him what I have to do all day, every day? You know, the reason I have to break from talking to you at times? I'll bet he wouldn't have the patience or the care for others inside of him to do what I do. He thinks all I do is sit around and post on the Internet. If he only knew. But he'd probably make fun of me for that too, come to think of it.
Closed Thread