The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jul 18, 2006, 10:04pm
Official Forum Member

i dont have the money for it now (wish i did), but my current job is working on setting up the whole tuition reimbursement deal, which has been in the works for a while and is supposed to be available soon. once i can get them to help me out, which im told is supposed to be soon, im going for it.
Old Tue Jul 18, 2006, 10:20pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
Brian:

Am I correct in that I remeber you mentioning you were degreed in computer science or a similar field? If so, there should be numerous corporations in the Chicago area that will pay a large portion of your post-graduate tuition while you serve an internship.

Tim.
Old Tue Jul 18, 2006, 10:38pm
Official Forum Member

yep, i came out of CS. there are some shops that do that, but a lot of the ones i have talked to dont offer assistance like that until you have been there for a while, since they dont want to have you run off on them after they helped you get a degree. im still evaluating the possibilities of this, and id really like to get into it soon, im just not sure how soon "soon" can be.

how about them plate shoes
Old Tue Jul 18, 2006, 11:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeErieUmp
DG - did your cobbler have any restriction on what kind of sole you could spec out?
No. He showed me what he had available and I picked. Nice Vibram sole and heel with aggresive traction on both.
Old Tue Jul 18, 2006, 11:24pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
Quote:
Originally Posted by briancurtin

how about them plate shoes
I still think that it's money well spent on the +POS. I don't care for their service so I tried the Spot Bilts this season and took a fastball off of the toe only to find out that it wasn't a steel toed shoe, but a hard toed shoe. In hindsight I wish I had just ordered another pair of the +POS. I'd like to hear what Tim Christensen thought of the Nike plate shoes he had the opportunity to try this year. Hopefully they'll be put into full production if the test group gave them favorable feedback.

Tim.
Old Wed Jul 19, 2006, 04:42pm
Official Forum Member

Arrow Half size larger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigUmp56
I still think that it's money well spent on the +POS. I don't care for their service so I tried the Spot Bilts this season and took a fastball off of the toe only to find out that it wasn't a steel toed shoe, but a hard toed shoe. In hindsight I wish I had just ordered another pair of the +POS. I'd like to hear what Tim Christensen thought of the Nike plate shoes he had the opportunity to try this year. Hopefully they'll be put into full production if the test group gave them favorable feedback.
Tim.
I bet you didn't feel enuf vibration either.

In all seriousness, get well.

I just couldn't resist after our disagreements about proper fit and shoe size a few months ago. I put a lot of imaginary made-up stuff in that one which is also one of the reasons I enjoy posting so damn much. But you and others already knew that.

Last edited by SAump; Wed Jul 19, 2006 at 04:48pm.