The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jul 01, 2006, 07:00pm
Official Forum Member

Aj!!! Aj!!! Aj!!!

First he helps get Barret suspended and now he helps the Champs win at Wrigley today. I love the picture of him rounding third as Ramirez looks pissed. This is the only reason why I LOVE interleague play.

Cubs suck, Cubs suck!!!
Old Sat Jul 01, 2006, 07:08pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to NFump
Tell us something we don't already know.
Old Sat Jul 01, 2006, 07:26pm
Official Forum Member

hey look, proud sox fans. where were you prior to the world series?
Old Sat Jul 01, 2006, 08:26pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to NFump
They were in Sucksuckland with the Cubbies. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! It's all good though, the Braves are moving to Sucksuckland and it looks like they're gonna buy and not rent.
Old Sat Jul 01, 2006, 08:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by briancurtin
hey look, proud sox fans. where were you prior to the world series?
Rooting for my one and only team like a true fan does. The only difference......we don't keep showing up at the games when they do suck to show our displeasure in hopes that the owners/mgt. get the point and put a quality team on the field....

.....instead of showing up anyway and littering the field with debris. Sorry, disco demolition night doesn't count.
Old Sat Jul 01, 2006, 10:07pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to waltjp
Quote:
Originally Posted by spots101
Rooting for my one and only team like a true fan does. The only difference......we don't keep showing up at the games when they do suck to show our displeasure in hopes that the owners/mgt. get the point and put a quality team on the field....

.....instead of showing up anyway and littering the field with debris. Sorry, disco demolition night doesn't count.
In other words...FRONT RUNNER
Old Sat Jul 01, 2006, 10:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Rooting for my one and only team like a true fan does.
ok, sounds good.

Quote:
The only difference......we don't keep showing up at the games when they do suck to show our displeasure in hopes that the owners/mgt. get the point and put a quality team on the field....
contradiction, meet spots101. spots101, meet contradiction.

so you are a true fan on one hand, but on the other hand you just stop going when times are tough. i got it.

after the second week of the season, does anyone want to buy my bears season tickets? they are probably going to lose whatever quarterback will be starting, so i dont think i'll want to go after that.
Old Sat Jul 01, 2006, 11:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by briancurtin
so you are a true fan on one hand, but on the other hand you just stop going when times are tough. i got it.
I know you are trying to make an attempt at a point here but look at it this way.......by continuously going to Wrigley year after year, game after game because of the "atmosphere", that has gotten you fans what, a sunburn and a beer belly? Cub fans are some of the most loyal fans in the league if not the most loyal but again I ask, what do you have to show for that undying loyalty? Just look at all the crap they threw on the field today.

Just because fans stop showing up at the game doesn't mean they still don't watch the games on TV or listen on the radio and hope for a championship.
Old Sat Jul 01, 2006, 11:22pm
Do not give a damn!!

Brian, Brian, Brain. Just admit your team sucks. They keep putting faith in the future hall of famers Prior and Wood who cannot even get on the field. You go around every year thinking you are going to beat the Cardinals and every year they kick you in the teeth. Then you blame your manager for everything, but your GM got an extension for holding on to two huge busts and brings in players that other teams did not want or were just dumping. At least the Sox went out and won a World Series. They did not just keep faith in players that did not perform. Hell, the Sox got rid of their best player historically when he could not stay on the field.

But you always have Wrigley to hang your hat on. While the Tribune Company scalps their own tickets and dumb Cubs fans keep buying them. No wonder the Cubs suck. They have not incentive to get better.

Peace
Old Sat Jul 01, 2006, 11:29pm

I have never had the opportunity to attend a White Sox game, yet I am a true fan since boyhood. I've never cared for the Cubbies all that much, but I do root for them when they have a good team. I like to see underdogs do well. Being a lifelong Padres fan has given me lots of practice at loving the losers.

The next time the Padres play the AL Central, I plan to go see them play the White Sox.

So, Go-Go Sox!!!
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Sat Jul 01, 2006, 11:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
Brian, Brian, Brain. Just admit your team sucks. They keep putting faith in the future hall of famers Prior and Wood who cannot even get on the field. You go around every year thinking you are going to beat the Cardinals and every year they kick you in the teeth. Then you blame your manager for everything, but your GM got an extension for holding on to two huge busts and brings in players that other teams did not want or were just dumping. At least the Sox went out and won a World Series. They did not just keep faith in players that did not perform. Hell, the Sox got rid of their best player historically when he could not stay on the field.

But you always have Wrigley to hang your hat on. While the Tribune Company scalps their own tickets and dumb Cubs fans keep buying them. No wonder the Cubs suck. They have not incentive to get better.

Peace
did i say they didnt suck this year? i dont think you'll see me saying that we do not suck this year. i admitted it before people were asking for admissions. this year the cubs suck.
also, i personally do not think we are going to beat the cardinals every time out, nor do i put everything on dusty/GM/owner/etc. its on the players. its on them to go out there and play the game and get the job done. you cant just sit on your *** and go 20 games under .500 while waiting for prior to do something with his life, or for wood to build up his depleted stamina. you cant sit and wait for derek lee to come back because hes the team powerhouse. someone needs to step up, or step out. juan pierre has been downright atrocious. in the previous absence of derek lee, any baserunner that can get on and do some base stealing would have been nice to help spark things for other hitters after him, but he couldnt do that. the bullpen could try and get hitters out every once in a while. ryan dempster could make for a decent A ball reliever with the way hes going, maybe that clown in asheville is looking for someone to join his circus. its really bad, and if you think i dont know it, then try thinking again, or in the first place. i might be a cubs fan, but because some cubs "fans" are clueless and only there for the beer, does not mean that i am.

dusty didnt throw that slider right down the pipe to pierzinski. dusty isnt out there striking out, dropping balls, leaving runners on, leaving pitches in the zone, etc. while i dont like him, and havent for a while, he isnt totally to blame for the bad baseball that his players are playing.

Last edited by briancurtin; Sun Jul 02, 2006 at 12:03am.
Old Sun Jul 02, 2006, 01:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
I have never had the opportunity to attend a White Sox game
Dude, where the hell were you last year when the White Sox came to town??????
Old Sun Jul 02, 2006, 03:39am

Very busy. I was working baseball games and helping my wife care for her aunt, who lives with us since her stroke last year.

I have actually not attended a single game at Petco yet. But since they broadcast over 140 Padres games a year on the local cable station, it's cool. We get to see all the home games except certain day games during the week, and almost all the road games except for getaway day day games at the end of road trips.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Sun Jul 02, 2006, 10:07am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to scottyman51
Steve if you get the oppertunity to go to Petco park,go to it,its a beautiful ballpark. I went to a game when i was out there in april and laid out nicely in a great spot. I wish the redsox could build one like that,but thats another topic.

I'm not really a fan of either team so it doesnt bother me one team beat the other. I dont like ozzie but thats not a reason to hate a ballclub because of their say before think manager. I think its funny how some people go off the wall about nothing,or the fairweather fans who try to make it seem as if they are true fans.
Old Sun Jul 02, 2006, 11:02am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyman51
I think its funny how some people go off the wall about nothing
Are you saying you'd rather read another post about the scabs???