View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 01, 2006, 11:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
Brian, Brian, Brain. Just admit your team sucks. They keep putting faith in the future hall of famers Prior and Wood who cannot even get on the field. You go around every year thinking you are going to beat the Cardinals and every year they kick you in the teeth. Then you blame your manager for everything, but your GM got an extension for holding on to two huge busts and brings in players that other teams did not want or were just dumping. At least the Sox went out and won a World Series. They did not just keep faith in players that did not perform. Hell, the Sox got rid of their best player historically when he could not stay on the field.

But you always have Wrigley to hang your hat on. While the Tribune Company scalps their own tickets and dumb Cubs fans keep buying them. No wonder the Cubs suck. They have not incentive to get better.

Peace
did i say they didnt suck this year? i dont think you'll see me saying that we do not suck this year. i admitted it before people were asking for admissions. this year the cubs suck.
also, i personally do not think we are going to beat the cardinals every time out, nor do i put everything on dusty/GM/owner/etc. its on the players. its on them to go out there and play the game and get the job done. you cant just sit on your *** and go 20 games under .500 while waiting for prior to do something with his life, or for wood to build up his depleted stamina. you cant sit and wait for derek lee to come back because hes the team powerhouse. someone needs to step up, or step out. juan pierre has been downright atrocious. in the previous absence of derek lee, any baserunner that can get on and do some base stealing would have been nice to help spark things for other hitters after him, but he couldnt do that. the bullpen could try and get hitters out every once in a while. ryan dempster could make for a decent A ball reliever with the way hes going, maybe that clown in asheville is looking for someone to join his circus. its really bad, and if you think i dont know it, then try thinking again, or in the first place. i might be a cubs fan, but because some cubs "fans" are clueless and only there for the beer, does not mean that i am.

dusty didnt throw that slider right down the pipe to pierzinski. dusty isnt out there striking out, dropping balls, leaving runners on, leaving pitches in the zone, etc. while i dont like him, and havent for a while, he isnt totally to blame for the bad baseball that his players are playing.

Last edited by briancurtin; Sun Jul 02, 2006 at 12:03am.