The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Jul 02, 2006, 11:13am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to scottyman51
no,i'de rather have topics where people dont go crazy over little things.
Old Sun Jul 02, 2006, 11:19am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyman51
or the fairweather fans who try to make it seem as if they are true fans.
i know, some of these white sox fans have been terrible...
then again, some cubs fans are losing it.

has anyone ever noticed that so many sox fans concern themselves with the troubles of the cubs before the successes of the sox? i know they do not represent all sox fans, but ive really never seen a team following in any sport that concerns themselves more with other teams

Last edited by briancurtin; Sun Jul 02, 2006 at 01:36pm.
Old Sun Jul 02, 2006, 05:29pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyman51
Steve if you get the oppertunity to go to Petco park,go to it,its a beautiful ballpark. I went to a game when i was out there in april and laid out nicely in a great spot.
I've been all around the outside of the ball park, from the first groundbreaking up until its completion, I've just never been inside the finished product. I would really like to go to a game soon, but I like going with my wife, who really likes the Padres too. It's just difficult to get away to do anything anymore because of having to care for her elderly, disabled aunt 24/7.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Sun Jul 02, 2006, 09:06pm
Official Forum Member

petco does look like a good ball park, something i'd like to check out sometime. hopefully you get some time to check it out, steve.
Old Sun Jul 02, 2006, 09:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyman
no,i'de rather have topics where people dont go crazy over little things.
BAAAAHHHHAHAHAHAHAH! Then why are you wasting your time here??
Old Mon Jul 03, 2006, 01:08am

Quote:
Originally Posted by briancurtin
petco does look like a good ball park, something i'd like to check out sometime. hopefully you get some time to check it out, steve.
Actually, I've led a pretty deprived (or depraved, depending on who you ask) life, and I've only seen MLB games at Qualcomm Stadium and Yuma, Arizona (when the Pads used to have Spring Training there). I have been to many games at each of these parks over the years. And at least I got to work a couple of games at Qualcomm Stadium, so that was a thrill.

I'm sure I'll get to Petco eventually. Maybe later this year if I can sneak away.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Mon Jul 03, 2006, 08:01am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spots101
Are you saying you'd rather read another post about the scabs???
He might be saying, "If the original post had been by someone named 'SoxFan4Ever' we'd all respond with something like, 'Go away, Fanboy.' Why should our response be any different just because it was posted by an esteemed member?"

Full disclosure: Although I live in the chicago area, I moved here after my rooting interests were set. I casually follow both teams, and wish them both well, but it doesn't matter to me who wins any individyual game or the season series.
Old Mon Jul 03, 2006, 12:59pm
(Something hilarious)

Quote:
has anyone ever noticed that so many sox fans concern themselves with the troubles of the cubs before the successes of the sox? i know they do not represent all sox fans, but ive really never seen a team following in any sport that concerns themselves more with other teams
Extremely true (obviously not for every Sox fan, but it's very widespread in my experience) - I lived there for 8 years. Reeks of inferiority complex.

That being said, I think those fans could lose the inferiority part. They have, and have had, a better team now for the past 3 years, and usually win, if not dominate, the cross-town series.
Old Mon Jul 03, 2006, 01:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
If you recall last October after winning the series I said that the Sox were no longer the second team in the second city anymore and the Cub fans jumped all over that. That was said first and THEN I mentioned the troubles of the Cubs. So, sorry dude you're wrong.

With that being said, honestly I'd like to see the Cubs and the Sox in the "El" series. Chicago baseball fans have suffered for a very long time. In my honest opinion the fight between AJ and Barrett was the best thing that could happen for the cross-town series. I love it (the series) and said earlier it's the only thing I love about interleague play. Remember that one game they used to play before interleague play? Maybe one regular starter played on each team and the rest was made up of AAA players. It was a joke!

One more thing. Let me make this analogy. If you were to go to a restaurant and received poor service and substandard food you may go again and give them a second chance or you may never go there again and you may even speak to the owner about your experience. You can still be a fan of eating out but you choose to send a message to the owner and when a major change has taken place (different owners, new menu, etc.) you will go back but not until then.

Cub fans. Stop going to the games. You can call the score as much as you want to complain but the Tribune won't get your true feelings until you stop helping them pay the players salaries. You always say we're not true fans because we don't stick with the team through the good and the bad. But what did that "disloyalty" get us? In July of last year I went to a single-A game in Charleston, SC. I was wearing a White Sox hat. A guy behind me said "Are you really a Sox fan?" I turned around and said, "No one can pretend to be a Sox fan. They've sucked for so long."

Now here's a thought. Maybe most of those fans at the games aren't really true Cub fans. Maybe most of the fans filling the seats are there for the atmosphere, for the ambiance that is Wrigley. If that's true then I feel for you. Maybe the best thing that could happen to the Cubs is the demolition of Wrigley. Honestly, I'd hate to see that happen because I wish old Comiskey was still there. I remember in 1991 we sat in right field and said to each other, "Babe Ruth once stood right there." I love this game they call baseball. That's why I still hang around and umpire.
Old Mon Jul 03, 2006, 09:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spots101
If you recall last October after winning the series I said that the Sox were no longer the second team in the second city anymore and the Cub fans jumped all over that. That was said first and THEN I mentioned the troubles of the Cubs. So, sorry dude you're wrong.
believe it or not, i was not talking about you when i said that. it was just a "rant" about the emails/calls/text messages/PMs on other sites from my sox fan friends who concern themselves with the downfall of the cubs before thinking about the sox.