The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jun 01, 2006, 09:37am
Official Forum Member

Garth nails this one. I don't see how it could be explained any better.
Old Thu Jun 01, 2006, 12:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
The only pattern I see is all of your posts make no sense.
If you don't see the truth of this post then it makes sense that you don't see the pattern he is pointing out.
Take the AMLU blindfolds off and just maybe you'll make some sense.
Old Thu Jun 01, 2006, 07:44pm
Official Forum Member

AMLU AND ITS MEMBERS.....WALKING CONTRIDICTION.......WE WILL WORK WHAT WE WANT.....WHEN WE WANT.......BUT YOU BETTER NOT WORK OURS....OR WE WILL CALL YOU A SCAB........HMMMMM

Old Thu Jun 01, 2006, 08:01pm
Official Forum Member

Beating a dead horse to glue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUMP
AMLU AND ITS MEMBERS.....WALKING CONTRIDICTION.......WE WILL WORK WHAT WE WANT.....WHEN WE WANT.......BUT YOU BETTER NOT WORK OURS....OR WE WILL CALL YOU A SCAB........HMMMMM

SCUMP,

I think anybody but the most partisan AMLU apolgists is aware of the union hypocrisy, but the strike's over, can't we put this to bed?

I heard that AMLU guys can't believe they held out only to cut the deal that was finalized and that guys are retiring in droves.
Old Thu Jun 01, 2006, 10:43pm
Official Forum Member

Smile NCAAers, Beware of droves

I think many are retiring in droves because they have more info on what the alternative markets will bear. Many now realize the MiLB market was sullied by a strong demand for NO PAY. Fortunately, some parents and some REAL jobs put more food on the table than the more demanding 5-month, part-time PRO JOB. Unfortunately, a demand for a reasonable LIVING WAGE of 12,000 for Single A, $17,000 for Double A, and $24,000 for Triple A has been placed on hold for five more years. Assigners take notice, $90 or BUST!

Bubba pay his bills at $60 per game.
Smitty earns his pay at $100 per game.
Charlie enjoys his pay at $150 or more per game.
Life goes on for everybody.
Old Fri Jun 02, 2006, 11:22am
Official Forum Member

hey if the deal was so bad why ratify it?????

the amlu and its members should have figured it out by now....minor league baseball doesnt give a rats *** about them an hello they never will.....so go back to work and dont spend that extra 30 bucks a month all at the same place
Old Fri Jun 02, 2006, 03:43pm
Official Forum Member

You know what, its real easy for all of you guys who arent MiLb guys to sit here and question their decision about striking, not accepting the first contract, and then ratifying this one. Think about it for a second and tell me that those are easy decisions and then maybe you can criticize them, but for now why dont you leave those guys alone and let them get back to work to do something they LOVE to do or else they obviously wouldnt go through all of this. Im just tired of all the critics who dont know what it is like to be in their situation.
Old Fri Jun 02, 2006, 04:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCump84
You know what, its real easy for all of you guys who arent MiLb guys to sit here and question their decision about striking, not accepting the first contract, and then ratifying this one. Think about it for a second and tell me that those are easy decisions and then maybe you can criticize them, but for now why dont you leave those guys alone and let them get back to work to do something they LOVE to do or else they obviously wouldnt go through all of this. Im just tired of all the critics who dont know what it is like to be in their situation.
LOL!!! Doing a demanding job that you are not paid very well for? Yeah, I guess NOBODY in the whole world knows what it is like to be in their situation! LOL

Spare me.

The AMLU membership would garner a bit more sympathy if they conducted themselves better, and didn't think they were god's gift to umpiring. I personally have grown VERY tired of the pompous attitude of minor league umpires (current AND ex). God for bid if you should ever try to tell one of these guys THEY aren't doing something very well. They look at you like you cut a fart in a perfume shop.

Anyway............I was hoping they would hold out longer! I have had a great time umping PCL ball, and am enjoying a respectful relationship with the players!
Old Fri Jun 02, 2006, 09:48pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUMP

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, SCUMP IT.

LATER (SCUM)P......
Old Fri Jun 02, 2006, 10:08pm
Official Forum Member

Hey Lorenz.....i Have Been There Done That.....4 Years Of Pro Ball....so Stuff A Sock In It Would Ya.....

The Current Amlu Umps Knew The Score When They Took The Job....so If You Dont Like The Wages.......well Dont Let The Screen Door Hit Where The God Lord Split Ya On The Way Out.....

One Thing Is For Sure.....i Wont Call Your Leaders To Negotiate The Next Car I Buy Much Less My Pay Check....

So If You Dont Like It........well........see Ya
Old Fri Jun 02, 2006, 10:32pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
Well, Thanks For All The Great Contributions You've Made To The Official Forum. I Can't Imagine How We Ever Got Along Without You.

Tim.
Old Sat Jun 03, 2006, 12:02am
Official Forum Member

Scump you and the pompous *** you rode in on !!!
Old Sat Jun 03, 2006, 02:41am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzeugene
pdx, you don't get it. And don't begin to compare your recent "contribution" on the PCL circuit to be the same, or even similar to those in the Milb ranks. You get on here and taunt these guys, laugh at them, and then dare to blast them for not realizing their own working conditions as being difficult?

You cannot say that you had it the same as these guys. Did you travel 140 days+ on the road out of a bag? Work under conditions that don't involve a fine-system that is "special" for the "replacement" umps to keep them off your ***? Can you live off of the 22-25 bucks a day per diem through airports, hotels, laundromats, restaraunts and similar gratuity-type services? Have to drive 500 miles after your night game just to do it all over again the next series? And the entire time you're battling for the next promotion by being ranked in the top 10-15 per cent at each level?

I am curious here pdx, you speak as if you're in the know here. How many pro guys are you so well associated with that you have the opportunity to offer critiques or feedback? My remaining Amlu contact said he knew of only two-three guys that are all rookies (short-A ball). And since you're not wanting to offer any "sympathy" as you put it, how many of your umpires in your area seem to be crossing in on your back when you decide to take a stand for something you think is right, and fair to your peers?

Another poster here earlier put it best as 90 bucks or bust. I think with all of the Milb guys calling it quits that next spring will see a new batch of ex-pro guys aiming for those spots so coveted by any up-and-coming college ump. Pdx and others might get the chance to tell all about their new relationships with pro-players, yeah, that'll impress an ex-AAA ump.

Please tell us your experiences in dealing with these "pompous" fellows, you, by the way, have been posting here since your day one stating how YOU are now a "replacement" in the PCL AAA League.
So, they have a tough working condition. I used to work for a roofer. Let me tell you, I made a LOT less per month doing that than umpires in Pro ball make. I DON'T feel sorry for them in the least! It is hardly considered "work" when compared to other work.

Most amature umpires will state "I won't umpire for free, but I don't do it for the money". THAT is dedication to the "profession" of umpiring.

One distinction we should make is that when I "stand for something", I don't quit doing my job while I go through the channels to say what I want to "higher ups" to hear. Generally, if I have a pretty strong case, and am persuasive, I might get a bit of what I am after. But, it isn't like guys doing high school and college ball don't have their own money gripes! But, I can't remember the whole of us EVER going on strike because the money is crummy!

The "fine based system" ONLY went as far as talking to the press. I didn't see managers EVER holding back on coming out on an ump in the games I did. So, whatever. Time and time again I heard from players and 1st base coaches about how they sort of liked us better because were at least "approachable" concerning calls. Maybe the AMLU guys can learn something from that. Doubtful, but we can hope!
Old Sat Jun 03, 2006, 02:51am
Official Forum Member

I removed my post. PDX and SCUMP aren't even worth the words.

Last edited by BenedictArnold; Sat Jun 03, 2006 at 02:59am.
Old Sat Jun 03, 2006, 03:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictArnold
I removed my post. PDX and SCUMP aren't even worth the words.
So you just don't have anything useful to add. Ok.
Closed Thread