Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon May 08, 2006, 01:20am
Official Forum Member

Not another Scabs story???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minorleaguebaseball.com
Four walks in the bottom of the 22nd inning gave Lakewood the win over visiting Hagerstown, 8-7, in the completion of the longest game in South Atlantic League history on Sunday.
After 15 innings without a run, Jeremy Slayden led off the 22nd with a walk from reliever Josh Appell (0-2) and moved to second on a sacrifice bunt.

Fidel Hernandez was intentionally walked to set up the double play, and Suns reliever Grady Hinchman entered the game. Hinchman struck out Cooper Osteen, then walked Julian Williams to juice the bases and issued the pass to John Urick to end the game.

"We were on the edge of our seats every time a runner got on base," Lakewood official scorer Joe Bellina said. "It was a tense game with great pitching."
In a related story, ALMU Director of Public Relations Ivan Tucry said, "If our regular umpires had been out there, this never would have happened. I mean...four walks in the 22nd inning? Only an amateur umpire squeezes the zone in the 22nd inning for godsakes. We can't wait to get back out there and show them that real umpires can make the difference in the outcome of the game. I mean, we don't...er, uh, you know what we mean. We aren't paid enough and those damn scabs are ruining it for us!" He was seen drowning his sorrows in the Lakewood 25 cent beer tent.

Seriously, the game was called in the 17th because of the MiLB curfew rule and resumed the following day. That poor plate guy won't be able to squat for a week.
Old Mon May 08, 2006, 10:51am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to PanamaCityBrian
Here we go again. PLEASE I AM ASKING WHAT I THINK IS A SIMPLE REQUEST!!! GIVE THEM THEIR OWN FORUM TO ***** ABOUT SCABS AND REPLACEMENT UMPIRES WE ARE FED UP WITH HEARING ABOUT IT. I AM SORRY TO SAY BUT ANY SUPPORT YOU GUYS COULD HAVE MUSTERED UP HERE I THINK HAS BEEN THROWN AWAY FOR ALL THE BASHING YOU GUYS HAVE DONE SO PLEASE I JUST SIMPLY ASK TO OPEN A NEW SUB CATEGORIES SO THESE GUYS CAN TALK ABOUT THIS ALL DAY LONG AND WE DON'T HAVE TO SEE IT IN THE MAIN FORUM

Thanks

Panama City Brian
Old Mon May 08, 2006, 11:39am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanamaCityBrian
Here we go again. PLEASE I AM ASKING WHAT I THINK IS A SIMPLE REQUEST!!! GIVE THEM THEIR OWN FORUM TO ***** ABOUT SCABS AND REPLACEMENT UMPIRES WE ARE FED UP WITH HEARING ABOUT IT. I AM SORRY TO SAY BUT ANY SUPPORT YOU GUYS COULD HAVE MUSTERED UP HERE I THINK HAS BEEN THROWN AWAY FOR ALL THE BASHING YOU GUYS HAVE DONE SO PLEASE I JUST SIMPLY ASK TO OPEN A NEW SUB CATEGORIES SO THESE GUYS CAN TALK ABOUT THIS ALL DAY LONG AND WE DON'T HAVE TO SEE IT IN THE MAIN FORUM

Thanks

Panama City Brian
Would you care for some chesse to go with that whine?
Old Mon May 08, 2006, 11:47am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanamaCityBrian

Thanks

Panama City Brian
Brian,

Why don't you just not open the thread and your problem would be solved. It isn't like there is a mystery thread that makes you think it is about something that you might want to read?
Old Mon May 08, 2006, 11:48am
Official Forum Member

Are the MilB umps on strike???
Old Mon May 08, 2006, 11:54am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMan
Actually they are rewriting their resumes'.
Old Mon May 08, 2006, 11:57am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMan
they are only getting watered down 8 oz cups of bud light in that 25 cent beer tent. id go on strike for that too, it shouldnt be watered down.
Old Mon May 08, 2006, 12:23pm

Does this Tucry clown really think the umpire was squeezing the strike zone? I am sure that the pitchers just couldn't hit the side of a freshly painted barn. No doubt the poor plate umpire was calling anything remotely close a strike at that point, as all umpires, not just pros, are trained to do.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25