The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat May 06, 2006, 12:36am

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPHump
You SCUMBAG F..k
That's what your mom said too. BTW, do you eat with that mouth?
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Sat May 06, 2006, 01:02am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWuzThatBlue
The last two lines were brilliant. So you mean you were recruited to attend professional school? The PBUC boys swooped down out of the sky and plucked you from your local rec field?
yeah i thought that was hilarious. if everything went by his rules, no one would do anything after high school.
Old Sat May 06, 2006, 08:37am
Official Forum Member

You know what Jeff....or I mean WWTB, (I wouldn't want to reveal your identity since you obviously don't want people to know who you are) You don't get recruited for professional baseball...YOU GET SELECTED! Get your facts straight. You compete against every other umpire out there that wants to get into professional baseball. So what is the difference between getting recruited and getting selected? I thought you might ask.

When someone goes to umpire school it is an investment. Granted it is a poor one with their pay, but you are investing in your abilities as an umpire and your willingness to be challenged. Here is a question for you and who ever else wants to argue that there may be opening in pro ball next year for these scabs...

If they won't reveal your names now, how proud do you think they are that you are on their field?

"Where I come from" as you computer umpires like to jump on the little things I say, you don't hide from what you are doing. My understanding of the system is a little different than some folks. Where I come from you climb your way to AA and then get promoted to AAA. Where you come from you work a game near your house and then you call the PCL or the IL to get to AAA. In either case one thing is for sure, not a single replacement umpire will remain in AA or AAA next season because they will be where they belong, either sitting in the stands or telling all their family and friends how they are as good as the pro guys because they scabbed and never heard a single argument. Very proud their families must be.

One last thing...for the good of the game they scab? Wow, now that is profound. You (WWTB) come on here and you speak so clearly about your contacts in baseball. You are nothing but a mole, and you clearly have an agenda against the AMLU. If you think for one second that a replacement umpire walks on that field for any other reason than a selfish one, then you are sorely mistaken. You may be right about some of the things that have taken place. That tells me that you have some sources. Maybe they call you Windy, or WWTB...but you and I both know exactly who you are. Before you cast any more stones remember that others have sources too. I know you think you got a raw deal from the AMLU. But what good are you serving now for the road that you traveled down? These guys are replacements, yes. But don't glorify what they are doing. They are trying to do a job they were not trained to do. They are trying to answer their own questions whenever they watched a MLB game and said "I can do that." They are trying to justify that if they had gone to umpire school when they were in their early 20's that they would have made it.

There is no pride in this assignment. There is no glory in this assignment. And I do believe that the Texas league issued advisements to their club personnel stating that if umpires don't show that coaches must be prepared to work the bases as umpires. I think that in itself lets every scab know exactly where they stand with baseball. First we issue a gag order on you...now we ask you to umpire. At least the coaches are out there using their names.

Jeff...watch what you say. You are a bottom feeder and you obviously are upset with your situation in departing from pro baseball. Now go ahead and post a reply and make fun of the things I have said. That is fine. I too have many friends in the pro game. I gracefully left when the writing was on the wall. And I will not post my name on this board because it will only be dragged through the mud by a bunch of internet umpires that remain as mysterious as the replacement umpires. Now that is guilty by association if I ever heard of it.

Benedict

Last edited by BenedictArnold; Sat May 06, 2006 at 09:28am.
Old Sat May 06, 2006, 11:32am
Official Forum Member

Benedict,

What about the guys that worked their way up to AA and AAA and got out and are working now. Did they earn and do they have the ability to work AA and AAA ball?
Old Sat May 06, 2006, 01:58pm
Official Forum Member

Under the circumstances, no. All I can say is that I am a former AAA umpire and I would never cross that line. Othersmay have their reasons, but I have yet to hear one that isn't selfish. I know of one guy that is working out east who is a recently released AAA umpire. He is losing a lot of respect from a lot of people. I can tell you one thing...I will be able to say that my last professional game was one I worked with pride. No excuses, just pride. I do not think that any retired minor league umpire that is currently working can say the same.

Sorry about the editorializing. To simply answer your question, no it is not ok. They had their time in the game and got out. Either they left on their own accord or they were released. Either way, it does not justify it in my eyes.
Old Sun May 07, 2006, 08:03pm
Official Forum Member

Look, Benedict is right...I, too, am a former AAA crew chief who was in the same boat he was in. I would LOVE to go work some games, but I would never sacrifice my integrity to do it. Knowing how much money I put up just so I could walk out on the field in my hometown stadium and say, "Hey, I just worked in the .... League...if I knew I could do NOTHING to earn it, I would ask everybody working to give me my money back...what a waste

Oh, PS...Benedict, when you said WWTB's name was Jeff...I just about peed my pants...I know EXACTLY who he is now...woohoohahaha...I think I might know who you are, too...but I'll keep that a secret
Old Mon May 08, 2006, 07:06pm
Official Forum Member

You guys are totally clueless about my identity and why the AMLU boys are being castigated.
Old Mon May 08, 2006, 10:21pm
Official Forum Member

WWTB,

Clueless about your identity? Not this time. You still have not changed. You still throw those big words out there to try and sound smart. Just remember that each time you try to undermine the AMLU leadership we see right through it. I still have a lot of friends in baseball. I am not going to go public with your identity. But don't think for one second that I am going to sit back and let you take your cheap shots from the peanut gallery. You are just as bad as the guys in the dugout, just like I said earlier, who wait until the pitch is coming in to yell at the umpire. But just remember this, you may not see who is saying it, but you recognize the voice. So go ahead and continue to use your big words and try to sound smart. Your voice still sounds the same. I know exactly who you are and I am going to tell every one of the guys I still talk to exactly the kind of person you are. You get your information from people in the game because they think you are their friend. Wait until I get it out there that you are the infamous windy...WWTB...bottom feeder who posts on the internet to make yourself feel better. You are overmatched here. I was better than you as an umpire and I am better than you in this argument. Keep trying to hide in the shadows. The ironic thing is that you are going to end up with the same MO you had from baseball. Smart guy, but can't be trusted. Big shock there...some things will never change. Hey Jeff. Game Over!
Old Tue May 09, 2006, 02:58am
Official Forum Member

Mr. Arnold,

Let me see if I understand your position(and the position of many AMLU supporters) correctly.

The guys working MiLB in 2006 are selfish because they are getting paid money to work games that AMLU members won't work.

The AMLU guys are noble because they are refusing to work unless they get more money.

Joe
Old Tue May 09, 2006, 07:05am
Official Forum Member

AMLU scabs

Joe -

Don't forget that is also their position that striking AMLU umpires can work high school and college games during their strike. Ever heard of that from a real union? Do a google search for Ray Gregson. Look for box scores and see how many games that his assignors are giving him this spring.

If one of these AMLU guys had a brain they would want more of the qualified college umpires to work "their" games in MiLB so they could scab more of "our" higher paying college games.
Old Tue May 09, 2006, 10:48am
Official Forum Member

This is you

"You all are SCABS" "You Suck Rocks..."

This is what we hear

"Waaaaaaa, Waaaaaa, Waaaaaaa, Baby needs his diaper changed, Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"

The umpires are not part of a union, a union provides security for it members, This has never been done. NEVER!!! The umpires are part of a useless urganization that deals in politics to promote and fires willy nilly. The association IS A JOKE!
Old Tue May 09, 2006, 10:57am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3appleshigh
This is you

"You all are SCABS" "You Suck Rocks..."

This is what we hear

"Waaaaaaa, Waaaaaa, Waaaaaaa, Baby needs his diaper changed, Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"

The umpires are not part of a union, a union provides security for it members, This has never been done. NEVER!!! The umpires are part of a useless urganization that deals in politics to promote and fires willy nilly. The association IS A JOKE!
Hey apples, tell us how you REALLY feel.
Old Tue May 09, 2006, 11:22am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3appleshigh
Old Tue May 09, 2006, 12:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by briancurtin
I don't care who you are, that's funny as hell
Old Mon May 15, 2006, 01:32pm
Official Forum Member

Fair?

There is never going to be agreement over replacement umpires in MiLB. I have friends that are ex AMLU who are working as replacements and others who wouldn't think of it. I know college umpires who will work as replacements and others who won't.

An interesting dichotomy does seem to develop when striking MiLB umpires accept college or high school assignments that, in effect, take games away from those umpires with no desire to pursue the elusive majors. Fair?

One thing is for sure: The days of "brothers in arms" is certainly over for what was once a fairly close umpire (at all levels) family.