The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 27, 2006, 07:02pm
Official Forum Member

I think bob jenkins has mentioned it before - buy Leather Lustre and it will give them a patent leather like shine. Follow the directions and they should look pretty awesome. It even works well on older shoes and protects them through most of the conditions we find. Again, you just need to wipe them clean after the game and forget about daily polishing.

I keep noticing things when looking at the New Balance shoe - are the toe and metatarsal protector steel? Sometimes they put a polycarbonate piece in to make them lighter, bad idea for a shoe. The other thing is the way that the plate is attached. That is a stress point and with only two rivets and some stitching, it looks like it will last only a year or two of hard use. Give it a shot if you've got the money. Let us know - old feet and ankles need all the help we can get.
Old Sat Jan 28, 2006, 12:39am

Quote:
Originally posted by irefky
Quote:
Originally posted by BigUmp56
According to Aaron in customer service at Honigs this shoe was not going to be put into mass production for the amature umpire unles there was significant support from the professional ranks for the shoe. Apparently there was enough support for New Balance to do this. This has to say something for the comfort and quality of the shoe.

I've heard mixed feelings about the look of the shoe from internet umpires, but my opinion is if they are anywhere near as comfortable as their base shoes, they're worth a try. I've already got my order for a pair pending while waiting for the March release date.

Tim.

Will these be available in wide widths? Are these patent leather?

Anaconda sports.com is selling this shoe for 89.95 but not until March 06

[Edited by irefky on Jan 27th, 2006 at 06:44 PM]
I think the NB shoes are in a leather called High Shine, which is supposed to clean up real nice and buff to a high gloss.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25