The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Nov 27, 2005, 12:49am
Official Forum Member

When will the 2006 edition of the BRD be released?
Old Tue Nov 29, 2005, 01:41am

I have no idea, but I hate to see a thread with no responses. Maybe if you rename the thread "Hey Carl, when's the 2006 BRD coming out?" you will get an answer!
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Tue Nov 29, 2005, 01:10pm
Official Forum Member

It is obvious why Carl didn't respond yet.

The book has been delayed because Carl had to go back and change it to say that a coach may use a wheelchair in the coach's box, for untill a couple days ago, he did not know that.
Old Tue Nov 29, 2005, 03:01pm
Official Forum Member

hehe, I haven't been logging in, but I've been watching the show.

That made me chuckle L hehe.
Old Tue Nov 29, 2005, 03:07pm

Talking

LDUB,

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Best one in quite some time!!
Old Wed Nov 30, 2005, 11:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by LDUB
It is obvious why Carl didn't respond yet.

The book has been delayed because Carl had to go back and change it to say that a coach may use a wheelchair in the coach's box, for untill a couple days ago, he did not know that.
I must be missing the joke. That might be because Carl wrote that this would be allowed in an email to me in 2001. Why do you think he wouldn't know now?
Old Thu Dec 01, 2005, 12:41am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GarthB
I must be missing the joke. That might be because Carl wrote that this would be allowed in an email to me in 2001. Why do you think he wouldn't know now?
Carl recently got very offended when he was accused of not knowing that the coach could use a wheelchair. Carl has also failed to respond to this thread and post a date for the release of the book. I simply put the two things together into a humorous statement.
Old Thu Dec 01, 2005, 04:47pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Carl Childress
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by GarthB
Carl recently got very offended when he was accused of not knowing that the coach could use a wheelchair. Carl has also failed to respond to this thread and post a date for the release of the book. I simply put the two things together into a humorous statement.
It didn't sound funny to me.

I check The Forum perhaps every third or fourth day unless I've posted something and am notified of a reply.

If you had a copy of the BRD, you'd know what I know - which is every published official interpretation going back to 1976 - in three sets of rules.

That a "mobility device" is legal doesn't detract one bit from the fact that it's dangerous and the person using it, selfish.

The BRD always comes out after the NFHS meeting in mid-January.
Old Thu Dec 01, 2005, 05:45pm
Official Forum Member

Or you AH's could actually buy a BRD and see that it's covered already. It's hard to legitimately claim he didn't know it when it's published in his book.

Coaches in section 135
Umpires in section 493

The book becomes available sometime after the first of the year.
Old Thu Dec 01, 2005, 05:57pm

Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Ives
Or you AH's could actually buy a BRD and see that it's covered already. It's hard to legitimately claim he didn't know it when it's published in his book.

Coaches in section 135
Umpires in section 493

Oh come on you two, it was funny as hell. Thanks, Luke. You AH's need to lighten up a bit. At least we got the answer of when it is coming out. Thank you, Carl. Hey, Rich, if you want to shell out the money for a copy of the BRD for everyone, fine. If not, don't spend our money for us. Some of us have much more important uses for our hard earned dough.
Old Thu Dec 01, 2005, 06:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Carl Childress
I check The Forum perhaps every third or fourth day unless I've posted something and am notified of a reply.
This thread was started on Nov. 26th (27th if eastern time). You replied to this thread over 4 1/2 days after it was started. You posted in the Obstruction or Interference thread on the 26th, 27th, 28th, 29th, and 30th. It wasn't like you wern't around, for some reason just you didn't respond to this question.

And it was funny.

Quote:
Go away Ives. You don't have to insult us. And who ever claimed he didn't know it besides WWTB?
Old Thu Dec 01, 2005, 10:59pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to umpduck11
Quote:
Originally posted by PWL
I would take my chances of hurting myself over someone in a "mobility device" against:
(A) a batted ball coming back at me at upwards of 100 MPH while pitching.
(B) a pitched ball traveling at my head at close to 90 MPH.
(C) a foul ball coming into a dugout as close as 30 feet to home plate.
(D) running full out trying to catch a fly ball in the gap and colliding with another fielder doing the same.
(E) running full tilt to catch a ball hit over my head and coming to a sudden stop as you contact the fence.
(F) catching a cleat in the dirt as I slide and tearing up an ankle or knee.
(G) sliding head first into home and dislocating a shoulder or breaking a finger when the catcher puts his knee down to block the plate.
(H) a fielder trying to get tag on a runner getting spiked or in the case of a bad throw the fielder and runner colliding with each other.
There's probably a few things I missed. I have yet to see a "mobility device" involved in anything I described though.
[/B]
(I) Popup on first base side, foul territory. F3 moves
to catch the ball, and either (a) trips and falls
headlong into coach's wheelchair, splitting his head open,
or, (b) Crashes into said "mobility device" at full speed,
doing any number of potential damages to himself, not to
mention the possibility of injury to "now mobile" coach.
In your examples a-h , these are all every-day injury
possibilities that every player faces. Example (i) is
not possible without the addition of the "mobility device",
an abnormality from the baseball diamond norm.
I would agree that I would not want a through h to happen
to me, but why would I wish for just one more thing
to have to worry about?

Old Thu Dec 01, 2005, 11:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Quote:
Go away Ives. You don't have to insult us. And who ever claimed he didn't know it besides WWTB? [/B]
You did.

Go back and read your own post - the one time stamped Nov 29th, 2005 01:10 PM where you said:

"Carl had to go back and change it to say that a coach may use a wheelchair in the coach's box, for untill a couple days ago, he did not know that."
Old Thu Dec 01, 2005, 11:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SanDiegoSteve
Quote:

Coaches in section 135
Umpires in section 493

Oh come on you two, it was funny as hell. Thanks, Luke. You AH's need to lighten up a bit. At least we got the answer of when it is coming out. Thank you, Carl. Hey, Rich, if you want to shell out the money for a copy of the BRD for everyone, fine. If not, don't spend our money for us. Some of us have much more important uses for our hard earned dough.
1) You're an umpire that doesn't need a reference on the rules?

2) Send me your US Mail address and I'll send you my 2005 copy after I get the 2006 version. I also have a 2004 version if anyone wants that one.
Old Thu Dec 01, 2005, 11:29pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Carl Childress
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Go away Ives. You don't have to insult us. And who ever claimed he didn't know it besides WWTB?
You did.

Go back and read your own post - the one time stamped Nov 29th, 2005 01:10 PM where you said:

"Carl had to go back and change it to say that a coach may use a wheelchair in the coach's box, for untill a couple days ago, he did not know that."
[/B]
Thanks. I needed that. (grin)

I've never understood why it's fun to tweak the lion's nose. (another grin)

BTW: Concerning my article that came out today on the paid site: I'm surprised that one or more of the big dogs didn't comment on my distinctly "little dog" opinion of posts that ask simple, basic questions.

Maybe nobody read it.