The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Oct 16, 2005, 06:27pm
Official Forum Member

Cuzzi just ejected LaRussa for arguing balls and strikes. I think that Cuzzi's zone has been consistant so far today. Good job my Tim McClelland of getting inbetween the two and staying there for a while. Also, Cuzzi did not engage LaRussa at all He walked away like all umpires should (but many MLB umps do not). Comments?
Old Sun Oct 16, 2005, 06:36pm
Official Forum Member

NOw the ejection of Edmonds. The pitch was a ball. I have to agree with the announcers that Edmonds should know what line not to cross. Batters have been ?ing balls and strikes all day and nothing was done. I think that he finally had enough of it. Interesting stat: only 6 managers have ever been ejected from an NLCS game.
Old Sun Oct 16, 2005, 06:37pm
Do not give a damn!!

Unhappy

You cannot argue balls and strikes, PERIOD!!! If you want to roll that dice, you might just crap out. Edmonds is a veteran and LaRussa is a veteran manager. These are not guys that should not understand this. Your team needs both of you and you implode like this?

Peace
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by Toadman15241
Cuzzi just ejected LaRussa for arguing balls and strikes. I think that Cuzzi's zone has been consistant so far today. Good job my Tim McClelland of getting inbetween the two and staying there for a while. Also, Cuzzi did not engage LaRussa at all He walked away like all umpires should (but many MLB umps do not). Comments?
Now Edmonds just got tossed.

Cuzzi took quite a bit, but it looked as though (trying to read lips) Edmonds put the word you and the f-bomb together and, well.....

Now, was the pitch really a strike? It looked a bit high at first glance, but it was borderline. And Cuzzi is known for calling the high strike.

McClelland is getting a workout, but he did a great job keeping LaRussa off of Cuzzi. LaRussa HAD to get run -- what choice did Cuzz i have? And all of those pitches in that at bat weren't even borderline strikes.

And now Edmonds ejected for calling Cuzzi an "f***ing a$$hole", but the stupid announcers are blaming Cuzzi. They think Edmonds was saying "how's the wife and kids, Phil?". They are the ones to blame for the people getting all over the umpires. It was a horrible strike call on Edmonds, but you don't get in the umpires face like that and then cuss him. Good ejection!

I am so glad he ran La Russa too! What a piece of work, arguing balls and strikes with the view he has from the dugout. Ridiculous.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Sun Oct 16, 2005, 06:47pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

Cuzzi might have a high strike zone, but he has been consistent the whole game. Edmunds should have known better than to argue, and I'm glad he is gone. The same goes for LaRussa.

Props to the crew chief for keeping the guys separated.
Old Sun Oct 16, 2005, 06:51pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by SanDiegoSteve
And now Edmonds ejected for calling Cuzzi an "f***ing a$$hole", but the stupid announcers are blaming Cuzzi. They think Edmonds was saying "how's the wife and kids, Phil?". They are the ones to blame for the people getting all over the umpires. It was a horrible strike call on Edmonds, but you don't get in the umpires face like that and then cuss him. Good ejection!

I am so glad he ran La Russa too! What a piece of work, arguing balls and strikes with the view he has from the dugout. Ridiculous.
Actually, give the announcers some credit. They backed down considerably after reading the lips on the replay. It went from "how could Cuzzi" to "Edmonds is a vet who should know better."
Old Sun Oct 16, 2005, 06:54pm

Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Fronheiser
Quote:
Originally posted by SanDiegoSteve

Actually, give the announcers some credit. They backed down considerably after reading the lips on the replay. It went from "how could Cuzzi" to "Edmonds is a vet who should know better."
Oh, okay...I had to use the bathroom, and my wife told me what Edmonds said. I now take back my scathing comments about said announcers.
Old Sun Oct 16, 2005, 07:12pm
Official Forum Member

Now I am going to rip the FOX studio crew. The unpires had NO impact on this game. They were on top of their games today. Sure in previous games there have been some missed calls but it is not the only reason the angels lost. They just ripped Cuzzi again. These are 3 stuck up SOB's.
Old Sun Oct 16, 2005, 10:59pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to umpduck11
Kevin Kennedy in the Fox studio just flatly
stated that "inconsistancy behind the plate
hurt the Cardinals today".What an ***.Strap
on the gear,Kevin,then act like you know something.
Old Sun Oct 16, 2005, 11:18pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Carl Childress
Quote:
Originally posted by Toadman15241
Now I am going to rip the FOX studio crew. The unpires had NO impact on this game. They were on top of their games today. Sure in previous games there have been some missed calls but it is not the only reason the angels lost. They just ripped Cuzzi again. These are 3 stuck up SOB's.
The NL umpire crew is doing great. The "high strike" on Edmonds was just that - a high strike. Those are the pitches umpires are paid to call - and get right.

On the other hand, the AL crew got stuck with a half dozen tough calls - and maybe didn't shine so brightly as they could.

Don't scream, now! In one game they had the catcher's interference, the pick-off at first, the steal of second: All were calls that instant replay showed that the umpires seemed to get wrong.

My point: If you had been told that somebody was going to get tossed, you would have picked an Angel. Of course, the ones getting chunked had not yet reached that exalted plane, still being merely Cardinals.

LaRussa acted as if his presence in the game was not needed. Surely he knew he was going to get toasted if he didn't shut up. What a creep!

BTW: I watched on TV but listened on radio to Milo Hamilton, who works for the Astros' radio network. I didn't hear anything the FOX crew said. But Milo discussed the calls with his partner, Alan Ashby. They always root for the 'Stros - and whine about balls and strikes - that's what they're paid to do - but this time they "sounded" as if they thought the umpire was right. They were watching the same replays we - and the FOX boys - saw.
Old Sun Oct 16, 2005, 11:52pm
Official Forum Member

In an interview after the game, Edmonds claimed all he said was "Where was that pitch?"

Does that lying Rat not know that there were cameras at the game? What a scumbag.
Old Mon Oct 17, 2005, 02:45pm
Official Forum Member

cursing

I agree that players and managers should be ejected for cursing at umpires, but what is the punishment for the umpires using the same words toward managers or players?
Old Mon Oct 17, 2005, 03:10pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Carl Childress
Re: cursing

Quote:
Originally posted by harmbu
I agree that players and managers should be ejected for cursing at umpires, but what is the punishment for the umpires using the same words toward managers or players?
According to Edmonds, Cuzzi said something like "get out of my f*cking face!" That is NOT cussing at a player. And Edmonds knows it!

It's the old story again. The skip can come out (has come out) and say: "Carl, that was a horsesh!t call. The worst horsesh!t call I've ever seen!" As long as he uses it as a descriptive adjective, it's ok. But when he uses the word as a predicate adjective ("You're horsesh!t!"), he's history.

That's the mistake Edmonds made, and the cameras caught his words in action, and that's that. Cuzzi followed the tradition of the sport. Young umpire ... good umpire....

I hate him! (grin)

[Edited by Carl Childress on Oct 17th, 2005 at 04:46 PM]
Old Mon Oct 17, 2005, 08:15pm

Quote:
Originally posted by STL_Fan
Wow! This forum is like a giant circle jerk.

The officiating in both LCS series has been disgusting. There is the obvious call that got all of the attention in the AL series. There have also been the following:

Cuzzi's floating strike zone and arrogant ejection of Edmonds.
Grudzielanek's foul ball off his foot called fair (Game 2).
Molina's pick off of Burke that was called safe (Game 3).
Nunez's foul ball called fair (Game 3).

And two questionable calls:

Game 4's game-ending double play.
Nunez's tag on someone's triple in Game 2.

While both of those are close, the officials have given me no reason to have any confidence that they got the calls right.

There is obviously a serious problem that needs to be addressed here. I will be the first to admit that the Cardinals have played some bad baseball. But how many of those bad calls prohibited or ended a rally? Every hit counts in these pitcher's duels, and every at bat is important. How many umpiring screw ups have cost the Cardinals a chance to get things going?

Are you all this arrogant? Is this something they teach you in umpiring school? Cuzzi's lack of professionalism and failure to call a consistent strike zone should cost him his job.
If you were the umpire, and a batter got up in your face and called you a "f***ing a**hole" at the top of his lungs, I suppose you would say, "why thank you sir, you're right, I am a 'f***ing a**hole'".

Typical fan. Are you all this arrogant?

Okay, now I should be off the hook for tying for the dumbest post ever! Guys?