The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Aug 12, 2005, 08:37am
Official Forum Member

Rush often says: "You're either a conservative or a liberal, there is no middle ground!"

Typical conservative thought - black and white - no room for discussion.

OTOH, liberals keep putting off a decision because there's still more options to discuss.

Does that mean you can't have a liberal sports official?
Old Fri Aug 12, 2005, 08:39am
Official Forum Member

Hehehehe,

POTW.
Old Fri Aug 12, 2005, 09:02am
I hate Illinois Nazis

Re: Hahahaha,

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim C
The original poster wrote:

"Do you then, by default, disrespect those who have not yet earned your respect?"

Golly, why should I fall for a Rush Limbaugh type question?

Rush often says: "You're either a conservative or a liberal, there is no middle ground!"

And you have tried to make me sit in the situation.

I would guess that even dumb people would recognize that there could be three easily identified levels:

"Disrespect",

"Neutral or open minded"

"Respect" . . .

You have already proven to be wishy-washy I think you have made that quite clear.
If "wishy-washy" means "neutral or open minded," I'm guilty.
Old Fri Aug 12, 2005, 09:21am
Official Forum Member

Well,

I think the term "wishy-washy" is clear.

WOBW.
Old Fri Aug 12, 2005, 09:35am
I hate Illinois Nazis

Re: Well,

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim C
I think the term "wishy-washy" is clear.

WOBW.
I knew you couldn't just leave it alone. This whole thread could have ended after my post in reply to Dave Hensley. What is your motivation to even participate in this type of forum? (A rhetorical question). You are not here to help. Look at your first post in this thread. You did not answer the question--what with a sarcastic question in response? You are just here to feed your ego by trying to make yourself appear superior to those who do not know the rules as well as you do. That is my opinion--based on countless sarcastic, arrogant posts you have made. I can live with being "wishy-washy." Although I respect your knowledge of baseball rules, I know you can live without having my respect as a person.

Paul Lopez
Old Fri Aug 12, 2005, 09:55am
Official Forum Member

Ouch!

Now you've wounded me.

Dear Smitty:

It is NOT about knowing rules.

It is about standing up for those rules you do know.

You had a chance to repair an idiot using a softball rule to prove a baseball point. You slected to hide behind a fear of making him look bad.

How about all the other umpires that believed the crap he was spreading.

Grow up and learn to deal with myth makers and you'll do the game and umpires a favor.

WOBW

[Edited by Tim C on Aug 12th, 2005 at 10:58 AM]
Old Fri Aug 12, 2005, 02:38pm
Official Forum Member

Tim, this has been a WOBw for quite a while now, approximately starting with the initial post, which said (and I blatantly paraphrase)...

Hi. I'm a sheep who likes to play wolf, but when confronted with wolves, even weak ones, I become a sheep again. Can you help me.

My advice - instead of getting on the wolves' website and trying unconvincingly to hide your sheepiness, go back to watching The View, and send your note to Dr. Phil instead.
Old Fri Aug 12, 2005, 04:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jumpmaster
Quote:
Originally posted by Lapopez
Quote:
Originally posted by jumpmaster

Lapopez, ...You might want to pull out a rule book and ask the question instead of paraphrasing it.

I am missing your point here. Do you mean here on this forum or when I am out with the guys? Out with the guys I feel like I am immediately putting them on the defensive when I bring out the rule book.
Buck up.

Suggested technique: "After our discussion the other day I went to my rule book and I still think it says..." Pulling out your book and turning to the page, "the rule reads...doesn't that mean..." If your buds turn their back on you and aren't willing to engage, then it is time to find a new group of pals.

If one of the FNG that I talk ball with pulls this stunt on me it shows me three things:
1) he is in the rule book studying
2) he has the balls to get the rule right
3) he wants to learn

I will work with a guy like that any day of the week.
A further suggestion. When the question first comes up, tell the Respected Elder Umpires that you will do the research before your next meeting. In my experience, they will welcome your effort before the fact as well.

-LL