Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jul 14, 2006, 01:04pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to waltjp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plugnickle
I have been researching AAU baseball in my area for my son this morning and came upon this page and I have to be honest with you, what I am reading here scares me, do I really want my son associated with this type behavior??
Hey man, this post is a year old. Everybody kissed and made up.
Old Fri Jul 14, 2006, 01:12pm
Official Forum Member

I was always thinking that at my first game of a season, that the field would be covered with huge sunflowers, and the game would be postponed.

Bob
Old Fri Jul 14, 2006, 02:22pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
Huh........made you look..........
Good one. I really mean it! LOL.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Fri Jul 14, 2006, 06:36pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
I have been researching AAU baseball in my area for my son this morning and came upon this page and I have to be honest with you, what I am reading here scares me, do I really want my son associated with this type behavior??
Actually no, you don't.

Get him involved in the theatre instead, I'm sure he does a heck of Judy Garland impersonation.
Old Fri Jul 14, 2006, 07:46pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
I thought the officals of these events were to have the highest standards in morals, ethics, sportsmanship and always be willing to help a child understand the game a little better. This is NOT what I'm seeing here at all. Do you have anyone overseeing your positions and what are the chances they may be reading this, how do you think this may effect your reveiws?? Do you really care?
I'm not getting a warm fuzzy here, I thought it was only the pro players who were the bone heads.
I SURE HOPE I HAVE GOTTEN THE WRONG IMPRESSION.....
I am as appalled and aghast as you are. Rest assured that I have reported everyone in this thread to the proper authorities. I assure you that further action will be taken, up to and including orchidectomies for all those involved.

Have you got a warm fuzzy now?
Old Tue Jul 18, 2006, 12:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezebra
I was always thinking that at my first game of a season, that the field would be covered with huge sunflowers, and the game would be postponed.
What a pretty dream. I few years ago I actually drove through the backroads of eastern Colorado (I like to get off the main roads once in a while) and there were many fields of sunflowers.

You know that this would never happen right? Think back to Science class. The seeds are cooked and that renders them useless as far as being able to grow.
Old Tue Jul 18, 2006, 12:43pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by spots101
...I actually drove through the backroads of eastern Colorado (I like to get off the main roads once in a while) and there were many fields of sunflowers.
Did these fields, by chance, have signs posted saying "no baseball allowed on the sunflower field?"
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Tue Jul 18, 2006, 01:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Did these fields, by chance, have signs posted saying "no baseball allowed on the sunflower field?"
Dude, you're killin' me.