The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jun 11, 2005, 12:47am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to akalsey Send a message via Yahoo to akalsey
Little League?

Since this is kid ball and you refer to "board members", I'll take a wild guess that what you're talking about Little League baseball.

Under Little League rules anyone ejected is subject to a mandatory 1 game suspension and the rules are rather specific that local leagues can not reduce or remove this penalty.
Old Mon Jun 13, 2005, 11:06am
Official Forum Member

This league falls under the "Pony" Rules. I checked with Pony and they said the Board could do whatever they wanted. So much for "Pony" Back-up.
Old Mon Jun 13, 2005, 10:00pm
Official Forum Member

Originally posted by cyrayne

I umpire at a park in Lafayette, LA. It wants to form a committee to overturn umpire's ejections if they think it is not warranted. Do you know of other parks that do this? Do you see any problems with this??

IMO, we need more info to truly answer but in a nutshell:

Ejections are not OVERTURNED.

What do I mean.

Umpires can eject players and coaches from the game, however, Umpires do not hand out the penalties associated with the ejections. That's up to the League Presidents of the leagues we service.

EXCEPTION

Depending upon the severity of the ejection ie; player / coach threatening an umpire or a coach/player following the umpire to his/her car after the game, the Umpire asssociation can request that either a stiff penalty be handed down or we will not service your league.

Pete Booth
Old Sun Jun 19, 2005, 02:56pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to drumbum565
One thing you can pull on them though (in fediration play) if it is your judgement that they did something that warrented there ejection it says in 10-1-4 that an umpires judgement is absolute there for they cannot argue a judgement call in a game or they get tossed you may be able to interpret the rules in this since to argue your case saying what they are doing is infact against the vary rules by which they stand.
Old Sun Jun 19, 2005, 07:31pm
Official Forum Member

Drumber,

I suggest you invest in a keyboard with period, comma, and shift keys. While you're at the store, you might want to pick up a spell checking program also.
Old Sun Jun 19, 2005, 08:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by drumbum565
One thing you can pull on them though (in fediration play) if it is your judgement that they did something that warrented there ejection it says in 10-1-4 that an umpires judgement is absolute there for they cannot argue a judgement call in a game or they get tossed you may be able to interpret the rules in this since to argue your case saying what they are doing is infact against the vary rules by which they stand.
Rules don't mean squat in leagues where boards can overturn umpire's judgement calls.
Old Sun Jun 19, 2005, 08:34pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to drumbum565
Well as Far as the rules it depends on what they have in there league rules. One leauge that i umpire for has a set of league rules and then says anything not talked about in it is the same as the nfshsa rulebook. However it depends on how big of a "I'm right your wrong" atitude they have, you know how fair they are about stuff.
Old Sun Jun 19, 2005, 08:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by drumbum565
Well as Far as the rules it depends on what they have in there league rules. One leauge that i umpire for has a set of league rules and then says anything not talked about in it is the same as the nfshsa rulebook. However it depends on how big of a "I'm right your wrong" atitude they have, you know how fair they are about stuff.
I repeat, "Rules don't mean squat in leagues where boards can overturn umpire's judgement calls."