The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Apr 06, 2005, 10:28pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to akalsey Send a message via Yahoo to akalsey
I'm in the market for some new plate shoes and I'd like some recomendations. What shoe do you wear, what do you like about it, and what do you dislike about it? All the games I work are 18yo and below.

I've got a fairly average foot size, so I'm not too concerned with finding shoes in funny widths or anything like that. I'd like to spend around $100 but will go higher if there's a compelling reason to do it.
Old Wed Apr 06, 2005, 10:57pm
M.A.S.H.

Well for $90 you can get the Riddell shoe. This was my first plate shoe and it's a really good shoe. However, I just sold those two days ago and now I've got the Gerry Davis Oxford Plate Shoe. Haven't worn them on the field yet, however just trying them on they feel and look great!
Old Wed Apr 06, 2005, 11:18pm
Official Forum Member

I like my Honigs high tops. The ones I have are 3 years old and they have been improved since then, but the ones I have are good and nowhere near worn out. I have also heard the Gerry Davis patent leather, and the Tanel 360 spoken highly of on this site
Old Thu Apr 07, 2005, 12:06am
Official Forum Member

I just got some Tanel 360's and they are very comfortable and light. I bought them through a local sporting goods retailer and was very impressed with Tanel's service. Tanel called me to check on the size and to make sure I was going to get the right size.
Old Thu Apr 07, 2005, 12:14am
Official Forum Member

I've been very happy with the Gerry Davis patent leather and the +POS low cut shoes.

Spend the extra dough, and buy pro level gear. You'll never regret it, and you'll never yearn for better stuff later on.

Remember, you can always sell it on Ebay down the road. The real cost is fairly cheap if you think of the initial cost minus your Ebay sale cost.
Old Thu Apr 07, 2005, 05:53am
Official Forum Member

I have the low cut +POS and I wish I would have bought a pair of high tops. The reason is at least once a game small pieces of dimond dry gets in my shoe and I have to clean them out. I have gotten around this issue by wearing two pair of socks. FYI
Old Thu Apr 07, 2005, 07:41am
Official Forum Member

Mike Goble beat me to it. I am into my second season with Tanel 360's and I love them. Lightweight and comfortable. I keep em' polished and they look great.

Mike
Old Thu Apr 07, 2005, 08:35am
Official Forum Member

GD patent leather, I love them and they look great.
Old Thu Apr 07, 2005, 10:16pm
Official Forum Member

I like high tops because I don't get sand in my shoes, and the offer a little more protection. I would NEVER buy a used pair of shoes, on Ebay or anywhere else.
Old Tue Apr 12, 2005, 11:46am
Official Forum Member

Has anyone tried the Gerry Davis convertible shoes? I was all set to buy the Tanel 360s and then I came across the GD convertibles.

In general, do convertible shoes work out? Or are they the worst of both worlds -- not very good at the plate and not very good on the bases?
Old Tue Apr 12, 2005, 11:51am
Official Forum Member

Never mind. While I was writing that question up, someone else asked (and got answers) in another thread. Looks like the Tanels for me.