The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Mar 31, 2005, 03:50pm
M.A.S.H.

Anyone got a pair of these? Comments?
Old Thu Mar 31, 2005, 07:25pm
Official Forum Member

I've had a pair of the patent leather oxfords for about 18 months now. Hard to beat the shine, just wipe them down. They weigh about as much as my +POS, but weight has never been a concern of mine, and they have the same Goodyear sole. It's a quality product.

My concern is the lining. Mine is wearing through at the heal, and I'm not sure what to do next. Plus, if you scuff the leather it'll need a trip to the cobbler.

But I've got a bunch of games on them with and I wouldn't trade them of anything.

Old Thu Mar 31, 2005, 08:37pm
Official Forum Member

Good old Dr. Scholl's work if they're wearing down on the insoles, and lamb's wool can build up any breakdown at the back of your heel
Old Thu Mar 31, 2005, 11:14pm
Official Forum Member

IMHO, absolutely the best plate shoe ever made. I love them! And they're so much easier to clean.
Old Fri Apr 01, 2005, 11:22am
Official Forum Member

I took a foul ball off the top of my shoe last night, and it dented it. The plate is very well padded, and top caved in. After giving the batter some good natured grief, I noticed it popped back into place a couple of innings later. Good as new, and I didn't feel a thing. The big white ball mark just wiped off with a sponge. I took a pounding last night, and never felt anything. I'll never regret buying pro level gear.

Thanks for the tip on the lambs wool Rick. I'll give it a go.
Old Sat Apr 02, 2005, 07:31am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to cowbyfan1 Send a message via Yahoo to cowbyfan1
Quote:
Originally posted by Rick Friedmann
Good old Dr. Scholl's work if they're wearing down on the insoles, and lamb's wool can build up any breakdown at the back of your heel
Hay good idea on the back of the heel. I will give it a shot as well as invaribly that is what I wear out very fast in almost all shoes/sneakers that I buy. No idea why I do but reguardless of the name brand that always wears out. One question tho, where can you get lambs wool?

Need an out, get an out. Need a run, balk it in.
Old Sat Apr 02, 2005, 07:35am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to cowbyfan1 Send a message via Yahoo to cowbyfan1
Quote:
Originally posted by tjones1
I personally use the Honigs high tops. Yeah you have to shine them but they have worked great and are super light. A friend of mine has the Davis patent leathers and he loves them as well, tho obviously much heavier.

Only down side I have experiences with the honigs is I have gone thru about 4 pairs of laces already.

Need an out, get an out. Need a run, balk it in.
Old Sat Apr 02, 2005, 08:24am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cowbyfan1
Quote:
Originally posted by Rick Friedmann
Hay good idea on the back of the heel. I will give it a shot as well as invaribly that is what I wear out very fast in almost all shoes/sneakers that I buy. No idea why I do but reguardless of the name brand that always wears out. One question tho, where can you get lambs wool?
You could be buying too large, causing your heel to slide up and down in the back creating wear.
Old Sat Apr 02, 2005, 09:39am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cowbyfan1
Quote:
I personally use the Honigs high tops. Yeah you have to shine them but they have worked great and are super light. A friend of mine has the Davis patent leathers and he loves them as well, tho obviously much heavier.

Only down side I have experiences with the honigs is I have gone thru about 4 pairs of laces already.
Switch to leather laces.
Old Sat Apr 02, 2005, 12:23pm
Official Forum Member

PLate Shoes

Lambs Wool should be avaiable at most drug stores or dance supply shops
Works well for keeping your toes from getting crunched in the front of the shoe also
Old Mon Apr 04, 2005, 10:59pm
M.A.S.H.

Got my order today. They look sharp, can't wait to try them behind the plate!! Although I just worked the plate tonight, probably won't do it again until Saturday when I've got a DH (hopefully it won't get washed out!). I tried them on briefly and they felt great!!
Old Mon Apr 11, 2005, 11:29am
M.A.S.H.

Tried my shoes out for the first time on Saturday. WOW!!! I highly recommend these shoes to anyone. Not only do they look sharp, but they feel good behind the plate. I also thought they were a little cooler than my last pair. Certainly worth the $$$
Old Mon Apr 11, 2005, 12:12pm
Official Forum Member

GDPL's

Quote:
Tried my shoes out for the first time on Saturday. WOW!!! I highly recommend these shoes to anyone. Not only do they look sharp, but they feel good behind the plate. I also thought they were a little cooler than my last pair. Certainly worth the $$$
Tj1, did you put any type of gel pad or anything in them?
I get mine in this Wednesday (if UPS tracker is right), and have a plate that night. I ask because I have had problems with heel pain the the past, seemed to get better with streching and gel pads in my steel toed work shoes.
Old Mon Apr 11, 2005, 04:18pm
M.A.S.H.

Re: GDPL's

Quote:
Originally posted by bbump82
Quote:
I get mine in this Wednesday (if UPS tracker is right), and have a plate that night. I ask because I have had problems with heel pain the the past, seemed to get better with streching and gel pads in my steel toed work shoes.
bbump82,

If they helped you out in the past I would say use them. I tried the gel pads in my basketball shoes this season and I did not like them at all. Therefore, I won't try them again. I have yet to see the UPS tracker wrong (knock on wood), so you should get them Wednesday. Tell me what you think after you've used them on the field.
Old Mon Apr 11, 2005, 09:15pm
Official Forum Member

Re: GDPL's

Quote:
Originally posted by bbump82
Quote:
Google the web for a condition called Plantar Fasciitis. I had severe heel pain and finally went to the doctor and this was the diagnosis. Cure was simple, and I don't have this problem anymore.