The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Apr 12, 2005, 06:22am
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: GDPL's

Quote:
Google the web for a condition called Plantar Fasciitis. I had severe heel pain and finally went to the doctor and this was the diagnosis. Cure was simple, and I don't have this problem anymore.
I had the same problem. Went through a variety of non-steroid anti-inflammatories. The weaker ones did little; the strongest (Indocin) actually took care of the pain but tore up my stomach. And, twenty-four hours after I stopped taking it, the pain was back in full force. GP doctor sent me to a podiatrist for a steroid shot. Podiatrist instead sent me to a lab that tested my feet, then made orthotic devices. Took me a couple of weeks to get used to them but the pain was gone in about three weeks. That was two years ago.

Wish I could get rid of the rest of my aches and pains so easily!
Old Thu Apr 14, 2005, 06:49am
Official Forum Member

Smile Re: Re: GDPL's

Quote:
Originally posted by tjones1
Quote:
Originally posted by bbump82
Quote:
Originally posted by tjones1
Tried my shoes out for the first time on Saturday. WOW!!! I highly recommend these shoes to anyone. Not only do they look sharp, but they feel good behind the plate. I also thought they were a little cooler than my last pair. Certainly worth the $$$
Tj1, did you put any type of gel pad or anything in them?
I get mine in this Wednesday (if UPS tracker is right), and have a plate that night. I ask because I have had problems with heel pain the the past, seemed to get better with streching and gel pads in my steel toed work shoes.
bbump82,

If they helped you out in the past I would say use them. I tried the gel pads in my basketball shoes this season and I did not like them at all. Therefore, I won't try them again. I have yet to see the UPS tracker wrong (knock on wood), so you should get them Wednesday. Tell me what you think after you've used them on the field.
Tjones1, got my order in yesterday just like I was supposed to.
Did the plate last night with them & love them, worth every penny. The field was a dust bowl last night, got home and all it took was a damp sponge & soft shoe brush to get them clean. I would also recommend them to anyone looking to buy a pair of plate shoes.