Thread: had to do it!
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 25, 2017, 09:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Bball View Post
My partner had given him a T in the first half for excessive demonstrations using violation signals and yelling out for violations. He was talked to about this and still took a T.
He yelled constantly at his players and was visibly upset when they did not execute the offence correctly. he had given the scores table trouble about team fouls not going up fast enough and was talked to about that.
I have officiated for many years at high levels and now in my late sixties and do some games to have fun and stay in shape.

Yes, I was wrong in, baiting him, a bit - and feel just a little bad for doing it, However, I will recover! I am not sure if the kids that play for this coach will.

Having to play under his regime would be a daunting task. I know both my partner(a 22 year veteran) and I had enough of him in one game!

Yes, I would give one of officials I supervise a knuckle rapping for doing this: but, I had to do it!!!
I completely can relate. However we aren't the moral police, the parent's can take it up with him. I honestly don't understand how some parent's allow some coaches to behave the way they do. Some of the coaches I see when I work, if my kid were playing, I would get kicked out because I would cuss the out and treat him like the punk he is. Then I would tell my kid to get in the car, go home and the next day I would demand the administration gets a coach that can be a role model.

But hey, in sports people think its OK to act like an animal.