View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 04, 2017, 07:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
I can agree with your analysis of the Slot official. I understood why the Lead rotated -- he knew the amount of time remaining and correctly anticipated that there would be a layup play at the rim. He saw the offensive player coming down Slot side and got over there to have the best look at the play coming down the pipe. There are a LOT of hits on the arm that are missed between Lead and Slot during these drives down the weak side lane line (example: this NBA play from a couple years ago) and he got over there to see those.
Thanks for the dialogue. I guess it's one of those things that you "had to be there" on the floor or through experience that the Lead figured to rotate on the drive. In the end, the KU player's drive ended up where the L started from. The L also ended up with a closed look with a view of KSt #32 back; he did a good job staying vertical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
This is a blatant traveling violation. The player took FOUR steps after ending his dribble. It is unfortunate that the winning score resulted from this. The defense didn't have a fair chance.
NVRef, good input.

I agree the travel was blatant but with everything JD Collins preaching about officiating the defense first on drives to the basket, how else is the C supposed to officiate this play in transition? I'm not expecting the KU player to pickup his dribble that far from the key and would look into the paint for the secondary defender. For me, this is a hard play to dissect for coverage. In the end, it'll unfortunately go down as a NCI for the C.