View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 08, 2016, 07:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I think the bottom line you are making this too complicated. You want to commingle coaching status to rules status. All RA players can be evaluated by a non-calling official. So if you think it is a outnumbered break and call it accordingly, a partner can come in and tell you otherwise to get the call right.

I just have remembered the stuff talked about in the meetings and remember parts of the video. I am a little busy right now and not my issue, so you will just have to wait unless someone else has some information themselves. Past NCAA videos are on YouTube or might even be on the NCAA Arbiter site, but I thin you are worrying too much about a situation that did not even result in an RA situation in the first place. The player jumped so the RA did not apply here at all.

BTW, I think it was not a foul when I saw the play live and went back and saw more of a foul when I saw the replay and slowed it down. But I see why it was not called either. But I do not think the outnumbered break had anything to do with the call. I just think the official made a ruling and probably considered other plays in the game as well. After all I think that official did an NFL a couple of days before that game.

Peace
No, I'm not making it too complicated. I want to know where it is you look and when to decide even or outnumbered. I know I can get help but I want to know where the cutoff is. I realize this play doesn't involve the RA. I realize Steratore was the official and I understand completely why he didn't have a foul. He's running etc. I think it was a foul on replay.

And, I'm not worrying. I just like to have the answers. Even to questions that may not come up much. And maybe I should understand sooner but I'm going to keep asking til I understand. I accepted your view that I look farther back, even to half court to decide even or outnumbered. I just don't know why we would go back that far and gave my reasons why I Wouldn't do that.

That's just making a statement. As I said earlier, I need to see the guidelines myself. I will find them. I appreciate you putting the plays up.

Last edited by BigCat; Thu Dec 08, 2016 at 08:28pm.