View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 04, 2016, 01:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
there is the judgment of the 4th and 1 placement in OT
Which was correct.

Quote:
when several obvious holding calls were missed. I have been watching football for over 30 years
With all due respect, you have no idea what holding is and you'll never learn what it is by "watching," regardless of how long. Have you ever actually read the rule? Assuming you have, do you know what the philosophies used by the CFO and the Big 10? Officials in all conferences are graded each week on the calls they made and the calls they passed on. The newest officials in any conference learn by the end of the first week what the conference wants called -- and a lot of that is based on what the coaches in the conference want called. ALL of it is based on what the coaches on the rules committee want called. Finally, have you ever actually had to rule on potential holding during a game, and then had your calls critiqued by a professional?

With that said, can you be specific about which calls were missed -- quarter, time, etc.? We can probably correct you on many of those.

Quote:
but there were numerous instances where the defense made clearly illegal contact on a receiver it was not flagged.
What exactly is "illegal contact" and can you quote the NCAA rule that covers that?

You are most likely thinking of rules for other leagues.

Quote:
there were several rulings which I can find a rules justification for. One is the charged timeout to OSU.
Assuming you mean "can't," that was the point of this thread and its been made clear the ruling was correct. Ohio State called the time out themselves. Why wouldn't they be charged with it?

Quote:
This crew apparently has three members from either Michigan or Ohio, two of which (1 from each school) that have clearly demonstrated fan connections to the schools in question.
So let me get this straight: YOU, as an admitted fan of Michigan, can hold yourself out as being a fair arbiter, but 3 people who have worked football for (likely) over 20 years, have probably over 500 games officiated, and have been checked out sufficiently by a conference so the conference knows they are getting a professional, can not?

Can you explain that, because it doesn't wash.