View Single Post
Old Thu May 12, 2016, 04:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by letemplay View Post
Sorry, wouldn't be true to my screen name if I didn't say I disagree, at least somewhat. Do not fabricate a foul with your whistle when there is not one. Don't guess, be as sure as you can, before penalizing a kid with a phantom foul call. But this comes, as others have said, with a lot of practice. Try seeing the defender in this play from the OP, instead of focusing only on the ball handler as he drives to the bucket. This will help you determine LGP, then be sure HE is responsible for the contact, that you haven't just seen something inadvertent, possibly initiated by the offensive player. Good luck! I hope you do well and have a long career. Visit this forum often...lots of good knowledge and debate, much of which I'm sure will follow this post
Your screen name gave us the New York Knicks in the 90,s. A football game/fist fight. I'm not saying make a phantom call but if a player is being ridden to the basket..call a foul. The NCAA has realized that advantage/disadvantage is/was a disaster. That is why we have automatics now. Blow the whistle more than less. Everyone has to make their own choices. This is my position.

And if I had to choose between my position and letemplay's...id choose mine. Imagine that. I am a rocket scientist btw....

Last edited by BigCat; Thu May 12, 2016 at 04:24pm.