View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 06, 2016, 02:48pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BoomerSooner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Agreed. This is a directed replacement. I'm giving the full 60 seconds.
The replacement interval is only 20 seconds and is not increased to 60 seconds by calling a time out. If a time out is called for the purpose of keeping a player in the game, it must be called prior to the replacement interval (3.3.6-7 Note 2). Once the replacement interval begins the player must be replaced. If a timeout is used, the rules of a timeout take effect and require a substitute be at the table at the 15 second warning. In reality I'm not going to throw a fit if a sub isn't at the table by the warning buzzer when a coach uses a timeout to try to keep a player in the game and ultimately determines the kid isn't ready at the end of the timeout (whether in the situation we're discussing or if it were an injury). I am, however, going to mention the requirement to the coach when granting the timeout in an attempted to expedite resuming play. Again, I'm not going to go nuts over the situation in real life, but the warning buzzer is applicable when returning from a timeout.

In other news, the voting breaks down as follows:
Can't see it, can't call it: 1
Call the technical foul: 0

Write in votes
Shame on the official for not being more forceful in preventing the situation: 1